What Non-D&D TSR RPGs Needs to be Revived?

aramis erak

Legend
I didn't get that as the point. Which I suppose should also be part and parcel of the Buck Rogers argument upthread...
The Buck Rogers XXVc Game was AD&D 2e mechanics. New classes, but instantly familiar to AD&D players.

Part of its problem, tho', was that of timing. It was grounded in the 40's and 50's Buck materials. But the 1979-1981 show was still too recent (less than a decade), and it was very different from the 1890's to 1950s flavors.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
There are certainly stranger labors of love on there already, and less sellable ones.

The modular pod-ship technology (originally seen in the Vector 3 microgame) was also pretty neat (I'm one of the few people I know who actually kind of liked Delta Vee) and they added some great material through Ares, especially that shapeshifting xeno species. That article alone was on par with the best of the Traveller alien species writeups. I could see re-using the setting with d20 Future or perhaps Cepheus (which is more open to not using Traveller tech assumptions, thankfully).
I also liked Delta Vee. :) and agreed about those supplementary bits. Hmm, I’ve got Starforged right here.

Remove ads