• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG product(s) of 2007 are you looking forward to?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ari,

Really?! Cause I didn't see it when I looked at pre-releases from WW this year.

Admittedly I might have missed it.

Qua,

That's what having a quality idea and product are all about. No matter how long it takes! ;)

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
crazy_cat said:
I'm fairly sure I read something on the Mongoose forums about it within the last week or so.

msprange was updating on Mongoose plans for next year and mentioned D20 Lonewolf is getting an update and a load of new supporting releases (I think) and that other stuff was in the pipeline as well (IIRC)

Edit: a few typos, bet I still missed some :)

I'll believe it when I see it.
Mongoose makes a lot of statements and promises with regards to Lone Wolf. Their support and products for Lone Wolf have been poor in number with items being pushed back constantly. They didn't even bring any copies of the few Lone Wolf books they did have to GenCon and when I asked someone at their booth about it, all I got was vague answers and they tried to sell me something else.

I was pretty disappointed with the Core Book as well.

At any rate, I am looking forward to published adventures and hope they continue with the Environment series.
I also am hoping for D20 Modern releases..thought with WOTC's lack of support for this product line, I won't be holding my breath.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*thinks if you want d20 modern stuff, try somewhere else*

If you want good d20 stuff, try Goodman Games, Necromancer Games and Green Ronin. :)

Wombat

First Post
grodog said:
Details please? Any more info on the Diedne? :D

Sadly, I do not know if they will have any extra Diedne information.

Ancient Magic, according to blurb at the Atlas site: "This book contains descriptions of nine forms of ancient magic, and rules for integrating their secrets into Hermetic theory. From the frozen north to the westernmost edge of the world, from humankind's earliest homes to grand temples of the classical world, the quest can lead your characters anywhere in Mythic Europe, and even beyond. How far will they go for knowledge?" So sounds like there will be something like rune magic and possibly something about Pythia Apollo.

As for RoP: M, I am sure it will look something like the other two RoP books -- a bunch of creatures, some new spells, and maybe even a suggestion of what the Realm of Magic is actually like (something that has never been nailed down in any edition of AM!). There may even be some non-Hermetic magical traditions in here (I hope, I hope, I hope!), but I cannot guarantee a thing as it is so far still only in the offing, no firm details.

Silenttimo

First Post
Looking forward to get my hands on things quite close to Arnwyn's choice :

Arnwyn said:
My current (planned) list:

- Dungeon magazine (continued subscription)
- Dragon magazine (continued subscription)
- Barrow of the Forgotten King (WotC/adv.)
- Magic Item Compendium (WotC/acc.)
- Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave (WotC/adv.)
- Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (WotC/adv.)
- Drow of the Underdark (WotC/acc.)
- Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land (WotC/adv.)
- The Sinister Spire (WotC/adv.)
- Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk (WotC/adv.)
- The City of Brass (Necro Games/adv.)

and also on :
- Complete scoundrel
- Complete champion
- Dragon : monster ecologies (kind of MM V-b)
- monster manual V
- Age of worms HC / Dragon compendium 2 HC if they ever show up...
- dungeonscape (maybe !?)

and certainly NOTHING 4th ed if it was coming sooner than expected !!
Not even in 2008-2019 (I'll wait for my son to be 12 years old to grab new rules).

painandgreed

First Post
Karl Green said:
Unhallowed Metropolis (if it ever comes out ;))

It'll come out even if we have to work Jason to death and then animate his body to finish the work. I'm also waiting for UnMet (as I am helping to play test).

I'm also expecting my first game out in 2007 as a PDF.

Remove ads