• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG tool would you like to see for droid/iphone/ipad?

falcarrion

First Post
I'd like to see a map replacement similar to the ENWorld April Fool's Day hoax when the IPad launched. Ideally it would allow you to import and image and move tokens on the image.

The MaPnakotic app lets you login to Maptools so you can see the map and move the tolkens. It's not exactly what your looking for, but close.

Stormonu

Legend
I'd like to see a map replacement similar to the ENWorld April Fool's Day hoax when the IPad launched. Ideally it would allow you to import and image and move tokens on the image.

From the sound of it, Battle Map should do that. But it's a $30 app.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I been toying with the idea of making a icons or a mutants and masterminds character sheet folio type of app (for android and honeycomb) . I'll probably end up doing the icons one first if I do make one, because the layout and database would be simpler to create.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Meh, I'd like to see an app that keeps the players away from their droids, iphones, ipads, and cell phones, and focusing on the game instead.

That's called a super soaker or a bucket of water (since cell phone jammer's are illegal in many countries and an not effect and app unless it requires data transmissions).

nedjer

Adventurer

Bit of a screen size and formatting problem there. Trying to drag and drop images on to a document is just too cluttered. It's easy enough to get the same outcome with a PC for prep and then display on an iPad. A copy of Inkscape, Illustrator, Aviary's drawing module or CorelDraw lets you drag SVG images from a folder straight on to a page with layers, which can then be saved as an SVG for display in Safari on the an iPad. Add links to the images, which stay live in SVG format and you've a clickable map with token images that can be moved around and reused for map after map.

With Inkscape the cost is zero and using SVGs limits file size problems and allows various interactions including linking. I'm at an advantage here playing a system that comes with all the svg icons needed to outline dungeons, etc . . . to hand. However, it's easy to convert D&D tokens such as the many in EnWorld's Art Forum to SVG, thereby reducing their file size and allowing links to be attached to them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads