• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What settings would you like to see full support for?

Which setting would you like to see get lots of support?

• Forgotten Realms/Al-Qadim/Kara-Tur

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Eberron

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Mystara

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Birthright

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brand new setting

Votes: 18 12.2%

Corpsetaker

First Post
Oh, man, Urban Arcana 5E would rock hard...

Other than that, Spelljammer.

Quite certain the numbers Perkins gave are accurate, for people who buy WOTC books and answer the surveys. Not sure why the numbers are surprising?

The only setting they offer at the moment is FR so why would the survey be any different?

That's like only serving a mushrooms with your pizza and then coming out with a survey asking what ingredient do you get when ordering from us.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The only setting they offer at the moment is FR so why would the survey be any different?

That's like only serving a mushrooms with your pizza and then coming out with a survey asking what ingredient do you get when ordering from us.

Well, it's a darned shame all of us didn't order enough of those pepperoni, Hawaiian, and buffalo chicken pizzas all those years ago back when they were all offered and pushed hard on us. Turns out while a few people ordered them and continue to eat them... most other people still ordered the mushroom and continue to order the mushroom.

You can't blame the pizza place for offering mushroom pizzas now when that's been consistently their most popular topping for almost 30 years no matter how many other times they've tried out others.

I don't agree with Perkin's figures in the other thread. I say if you brought back the kind of support Dark Sun used to get you would have people all over it.

Lol... I love Dark Sun, but you know you're talking about a setting that never got enough commercial success to justify its continued support, don't you? Not in its initial release, not after the changes made for the second boxed set, and not in the 4E revival.

I know you've been in absolute denial that maybe WotC is right and you're wrong about what people want and how to make D&D the best it can be, but I must say I'm curious about what would make you believe that a setting that failed three times would have people all over it for a fourth try.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Classifying Al-Qadim as conjoined with Forgotten Realms prevents me from voting.

I have absolutely no use for the Realms, but Al-Qadim is one of my favorite campaign settings of all time. And while yes, it was nominally part of FR from the start, it meshes uneasily with the kitchen sink setting; its gods are different, its attitude is different, and aside from being a completely different genre of adventure approach, it is conceptually incompatible. I suspect that there are a number of Kara-Tur fans who feel similarly.

So my votes are Al-Qadim and Primeval Thule, which is also is not an option in the poll.

Dark Sun Gnome

First Post
Probably Dark Sun, a proper redux of the second edition boxset for 5th. Considering just how badly edited the Expanded and Revised setting was, and being how I liked the idea of Windriders of the Jagged Cliffs and Mindlords of the Last Sea (To me, they just made Athas seem even more alien, which I loved) but hated how badly set out they were, a 5th edition guide that included a section on the Dead Lands would be great.

Mystara is the other I would like to see.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I voted for the Realms.

It would be a benefit to 5E if WotC turned the corner on the Realms after another story or two and set new stories in other worlds like Eberron.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
The poll asks about "lots" of support, so I picked Forgotten Realms, even if it isn't my preferred setting. I'm comfortable with the Realms getting tons of detail.

Whereas some of the other settings, such as Planescape, Spelljammer, and Grayhawk, would be best served by a small number of high quality products.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
No Nentir Vale/PoLand? No Iomandra? Somewhat selective, especially since the "other" category is only for "brand new" settings...can't really vote my preferences as a result.

TenaciousJ

First Post
I voted Eberron, but all I really need for 5e support is full conversions for ALL the races (not just warforged, shifters, kalashtar, and changelings, but hobgoblins, goblins, lizardfolk, etc. that are all mentioned in the 3.5 Player's Guide to Eberron), a workable base-class artificer, and rules for dragonmarks that are expanded out to about the same level as the book Dragonmarked did.

My never-going-to-happen choice is the Dresden Files. Eberron is easy to run that style of campaign with cities like Sharn and Stormreach.

Remove ads