What Should a Large City's party Have?

Hello,

I'm one of the PCs in DerianCypher's city here and I was wondering what we should watch out for in terms of unexpected circumstances.

I will be playing a Rogue/Fighter and another PC will play a Wizard.....that's it. We will probably have one NPC with us, but what I'm wondering is:

Should we hire out for a meat-shield? Should we enquire about clerics, or pay/bribe the local temples for heals? Should I as the rogue in the group scout ahead, or stay in tight for artillary back-up from the mage?

In short, what will it take to ensure our party survives?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If your PC doesn't want to worry about getting into a major scrap, then yeah, hire out the best muscle you can find for the job. Bribing clerics (at least the good ones) is probably NOT a good idea. Maybe you could convince one to join IF you promise to fuliful a quest for the church, say like fit up a shrine, help in the construction of new temple/church, or some religious quest. Don't worry about hiring out rogues, IF You plan on doing that part of the leg work. But what ever you do, not piss off the authorities.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
If the campaign is to be an urban one you want a lot of social skills.

Build your characters as if they were in one of these molds:

Gangsters, mafia men, cops, PIs, or spies.

Think about what those kinds of people need to survive. Because your PCs will likely need similar.

Survival in a city game is more often a matter of who and what you know than it is of what you can do.

Hired thugs will not be so useful as a good gumshoe. In fact walking about like an armed camp can get you into more trouble than walking around 'defenseless'.

Remove ads