What Systems Need More Adventure Content?

What System Needs More Adventure Content?

• 5e

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • PF2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OSR compatible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (make a suggestion)

Votes: 11 78.6%

Retreater

Legend
I'm currently in the playtesting stage of a campaign adventure I've been working on for nearly a decade. It started in 3.5, but I've run parts of it in 4e, 5e, Dungeon World, but I'm currently running it in an OSR compatible system.
The longer I go, the more it seems I'm going to be self-publishing this one instead of going with the publisher who initially expressed interest.
So I'm considering other systems instead of the OSR system for this company.
Is there a fantasy system that could use more adventure content that has an OGL? Would going through 5e be the best route to get it in the hands of gamers? Maybe PF2 needs more material?
I don't know at this point, but I'm considering options.

Retreater

Legend
Various flavors of GURPS could benefit from more adventures:

Dungeon Fantasy RPG

If you can tweak your adventure to be post-apocalyptic, After the End is an option.

Just stock GURPS (fantasy) would work too.

Alternatively, maybe TFT. It's worth noting that the pay rate for writing for either was recently raised. That can be seen here.
I have TFT, but I would really need to wrap my mind around the system to get it to work. It's odd that I have such a mental block around how TFT works in mechanics, since it's supposed to be such a simple system. (I've written for 3rd edition through 5e, and get confused by TFT. Weird.) Great suggestions, though.

Argyle King

Legend
I have TFT, but I would really need to wrap my mind around the system to get it to work. It's odd that I have such a mental block around how TFT works in mechanics, since it's supposed to be such a simple system. (I've written for 3rd edition through 5e, and get confused by TFT. Weird.) Great suggestions, though.

I haven't tried TFT yet, but there seems to be a community of folks writing for it.

Some of them can be found here: http://www.warehouse23.com/products?taxons%5B%5D=558399705-sb
The bottom of that page has 4 adventures. Picking one up (for $5) might be worthwhile to get a feel for the writing format.

Ace

Adventurer
Various flavors of GURPS could benefit from more adventures:

Dungeon Fantasy RPG

If you can tweak your adventure to be post-apocalyptic, After the End is an option.

Just stock GURPS (fantasy) would work too.

Alternatively, maybe TFT. It's worth noting that the pay rate for writing for either was recently raised. That can be seen here.
I want to add that if you can meet the fairly tough criteria, SJ Games is great company to write for. I wrote a few D20 things for them back in the day and they treated writers with respect and pay on time in full.

Its not a surprise that they have been around for decades. SJ's people are professionals.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
5E has an infinite amount of third party adventure content, with more released every single day than you could probably use in your lifetime. If anything it short of material, it ain't that.

aramis erak

Legend
I want to add that if you can meet the fairly tough criteria, SJ Games is great company to write for. I wrote a few D20 things for them back in the day and they treated writers with respect and pay on time in full.

Its not a surprise that they have been around for decades. SJ's people are professionals.
Their editors are really good, too. The experience of getting an article in Pyramid was, while not painless, very much a case where what went out was better than I had submitted initially.

aco175

Legend
I chose 5e, mostly because it is all I play at the moment. There is a lot of 3pp stuff, but most is ok at best. I mostly want to see shorter modules from Wizards and from more quality 3pp, like Kobold Press. I do not mind modifying some, but wholescale changes is not what I want/need.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases