• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What to do when the PC Rogue picks the pockets of the other PCs

VirgilCaine

First Post
Gospog said:
I've seen this as a GM, and I've seen this as a player.

This sort of behavior pisses me off to NO END!

In fact, this Sunday, just such a pilfering thief is due to get his comeuppance in a Scarred Lands game. (Tharag smash!)

Anyway, I obviously agree with the consensus so far. Let PC Justice take it's course.

I agree. Hang him by his heels! If I couldn't get a PC to choose another character, they'd either be out of the game or I'd let "nature" take it's course.

kirinke

First Post
If that happened to my PC she'd knock him unconscious, strip him naked, hang him up by the heels and paint the words 'I love male orcs' in an orc infested area, sit back and watch the fun. But then, she's weird.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
As DM, take the player to one side and explain that that sort of character is not suitable for the games you run. Just be frank and say that he should either start to play the character as a team-player and not as a prankster, or make a new character.

This sort of character is amusing once or twice but after that its a pain in the backside for the DM and the rest of the players.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Let the characters deal with it in game. The player continually makes characters who can't get along with the other player's chars then kick 'em out.

Now as a player I opt for the good 'ol chopping off the right hand on the first offense. On the second offense it's the other one. And after that I shouldn't have anymore problems.

maddman75

First Post
Heh - I once had a player completely betray the party. He wanted to be an assassin, because they're kewl or something. Part of joining the assassins is killing someone for them, and they wanted the party's cleric dead. He took the job, they scried him and found out. They hung him up by his feet and had the sorceress shoot prismatic sprays at him until he died. :)

I've PKed because of this behaviour before, and dammit I'll do it again.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Scarbonac said:
Yeah, murder or crippling is always the best response to having your pocket picked.

Yes, yes it pretty much is. Though I prefer the old rope-and-rafter approach if there is time and someone remembered to buy rope.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
maddman75 said:
I've PKed because of this behaviour before, and dammit I'll do it again.
Then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't tell a PC that he's supposed to kill a party member...

Or did he come up with "hey, if I kill the party cleric, they'll be sure to let me in!" on his own?

Remove ads