What to do with a 15th level Rogue?

GodPhoenix

First Post
So I have a 15th level rogue with a pitiful wisdom score. Chaotic Good. My feats/rogue abilities are: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, Improved Init, Quick Draw, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Evasion.

I'm trying to decide if I should continue in Rogue or pick up something else. I've poked around but 5 levels of anything doesn't seem to offer too much at this point. Any ideas?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
What source materials are available to you from which you might choose a prestige class?

*edit* And what race are you? (Better list your skills and the ranks you have in them as well...) *end edit*

Last edited:

XCorvis

First Post
You should probably figure out what prestige classes you can take next level, or within one more level. If you don't see anything you like, just stick with the rogue.

Or, if you're finding yourself in a lot of combat and your skills matter less, you might just want to take a few fighter levels to pick up the better BAB and feats. In two fighter levels you could have whirlwind attack, and an extra couple points on the Fort save never hurts.

If you can, post most of your stats so we can make more accurate suggestions.

GodPhoenix

First Post
the rogue's stats:

Ok...he's Human Rogue L15 Str16 Dex20 Con13 Int14 Wis9 Cha10. He's also got enough ranks in everything to qualify for just about anything. And let's assume that I have access to any/all books/source material. (this is more or less true b/c my group keeps one collective library and my DM is open to new ideas as long as they have a GOOD explanation).

I've thought about the fighter idea. The BAB is nice and the fort save is arguably the most important. Could I combine whirlwind attack with a bluff the previous round to put people around me off their dex bonus? What other feat combinations would be good?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Your next 3 levels should be 2 fighter (+2 BAB, +3 Fort, +2 feats) and one rogue (+1 BAB, +1 Ref, +1 special ability). I'd go for Whildwind Attack, but don't recomend Bluffing first - that's for a single opponent only.

XCorvis

First Post
If it's OK to be evil, you could become an assassin pretty easily.

I just flipped through S&F, S&S and MotW. I really didn't see anything too interesting that you could qualify for, other than the Thief-Acrobat. You have a lot of useful feats, but they aren't quite right for taking most classes. I think fighter is the way to go. You'd have access to high-level feats whereas with a spell caster you'd be stuck at the low end of things.

Rogue special abilities are totally worth it. I'd go for Oppourtunist or Slippery Mind. Then take the fighter levels and Expertise and Whirlwind. At level 20 you would get a 3rd fighter feat as well.

Remove ads