D&D 5E What to take next?

Ferrum

First Post
So we just went up to 17th level last session, and I asked my DM if it was alright to take one of the 2 feats I'll get at 18 this level instead, to spread the power increase.

My character is a Barbarian 5/Earth Elemental Paragon 3/Fighter 9. He is half elf, half earth elemental, which results in something mostly dwarf-like.

His current feat list is (in no particular order):
Weapon Focus: Great Axe
Weapon Specialization: Great Axe
Power Attack
Cleave
Improved Grapple
Improved Sunder
Combat Brute
Item Familiar
Greater Rage (DM allowed it to be taken as a feat)
Leadership
Melee Weapon Mastery (Slashing)

Last few levels I had some trouble deciding what to take next, and now, I'm really at a loss. Anyone have ideas?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
You should have improved unarmed strike to get improved grapple , unless you get it from the paragon levels or half-elemental template. Greater weapon focus or iron will might be good feats to take.

Nail

First Post
To answer this question well, we'll need an idea of your DM's style and your own playing style. Your PC is a "wade in an' kill 'em" sort, right?

With the Power Attack in there, you might concider feats that improve that, like Leap Attack. You migth also just keep pumping that Atk bonus up there with Greater Weapon Focus, etc.

Do you use Power Attack alot?

Ferrum

First Post
I do have Improved Unarmed Strike from being a Half Elemental. I should have stated that originally.

I do use Power Attack alot... Generally I Power Attack for 5 every round.

Leap Attack was a consideration, as is Greater Weapon Focus.

My character is definately a frontline, massive damage dealing brute.

Remove ads