D&D 3E/3.5 What Types of Damage Reduction Are There in 3.5?

frankthedm

First Post
Norfleet said:
That's a lot of money for what amounts to a substandard, badly made weapon. Hell, I have cold iron frying pans and crowbars. I could just beat him to death with a pan and a crowbar.

My half orc barbarian is carrying around 4 big silver goblets JIC.

iwatt

First Post
frankthedm said:
My half orc barbarian is carrying around 4 big silver goblets JIC.

Why. What I like about the new rules is that you don't "need" the apropriate weapon material. A barbarian should bypass DR the old fashioned way: Power-attacking. Wimpy duelists should have to change weapons every 3 monsters :D.

frankthedm

First Post
iwatt said:
Why. What I like about the new rules is that you don't "need" the apropriate weapon material. A barbarian should bypass DR the old fashioned way: Power-attacking. Wimpy duelists should have to change weapons every 3 monsters :D.

Its a smart spiked chain weilding barbarian, i will take power attack soon enough, but since all the dms in our groups use "rolling a 1= bad news" i would be worried about an unlucky power attack.

Unless raging, he goes about battle in an intellegent and practical manner. Will saves make him very grouchy though. If a foe has a weakness, that weakness gets used. if this means force feeding a werewolf a hunk of silver so be it. If the critter really annoys me i might make it a suppository, and those are big goblets.

Remove ads