• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what was your favorite long-running dragon magazine comic?

what was your favorite long-running dragon magazine comic?

• finieous fingers (1976)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • wormy (1977)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • what's new with phil and dixie (1980)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • snarfquest (1983)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • yamara (1988)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twilight empire: robinson's war (1990)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • knights of the dinner table (1996)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • nodwick (1998)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • order of the stick (2005)

Votes: 5 13.9%

Jhaelen

First Post
To be honest: none of them!
I always wished they'd use the space for something more interesting.

(I voted for Order of the Stick, although I didn't realize it had originated in the Dragon magazine. I only know (and like) the web-based version).

Same. Probably the only reason it edged out Wormy, which was an outstanding work. Though I ranked Snarfquest first, if I could place others, it would be:
  1. Snarfquest
  2. Wormy
  3. Order of the Stick
  4. Yamara
  5. Nodwick

Snarf Quest evokes the most nostalgia for me. Still regret not buying a an autographed print from Larry Elmore at Gen Con when I had a chance.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Same. Probably the only reason it edged out Wormy, which was an outstanding work. Though I ranked Snarfquest first, if I could place others, it would be:
  1. Snarfquest
  2. Wormy
  3. Order of the Stick
  4. Yamara
  5. Nodwick

I stopped gaming well before Order of the Stick was published in Dragon and when I started again, Dragon was no more.

But it did discovery Order of the Stick. Of all the comics listed, it is by far the funniest. Huge fan. Hate being caught up though, because I now have to wait so long until the next comic. But it was never a Dragon Magazine comic to me. It was always a Web comic.

Eis

Explorer
voted for OOTS and I had to just judge the comics apart from their Dragon connections because I did not know until this very minute that OOTS was ever in Dragon in the first place

I liked the vibe of Wormy but I just didn't "get" it I think....great art though for sure....love KOTD and Nodwick (KOTD would be my second choice but I never actually read a long string of the comics

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
Wonder why Nodwick doesn't get a better score.

Perhaps because of the structure of the poll. We each get to vote for only one. If it were a ranked-favorites kind of poll, we'd be getting a more complex understanding of what we enjoyed.

Personally, I liked all of the listed comics, and deeply appreciated the skill, wit, and creativity of their creators. Since I was a child with the Sunday newspaper, the "funny pages" is where I turn first, if such is offered.

DragonMan

First Post
Although I think KODT is the funniest one of the bunch, I stopped reading Dragon magazine before they appeared there. I answered the poll based on which comics were in Dragon magazine when I read it. Using that criteria, snarf quest wins it.

Remove ads