What We Lose When We Eliminate Controversial Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagpuss

Legend
Because they aren't just slightly more powerful. They are far more powerful than even the most powerful mortals. Kelemvor could snap his fingers and you die.

Wow, 7th level spell Finger of Death will kill most people, a few Magic Missiles will kill most people. Killing people is simple.

Bagpuss

Legend
Frankly, if I want sexy art, I look for books or sources dedicated to it. I don’t need it in my RPG manuals- unless the RPG is dedicated to such things, I guess.

Well I'm happy for you but I'm British so use to titillation in virtually all my media even stuff aimed at kids. I guess you need to grow up with Pantomime and Carry on Movies.

Bagpuss

Legend
And it's quite a bit different when it's at your table then when the RPG reduces women to that roll.

True but I can't recall any* many RPGs that reduce women to that roll... and certainly not your average D&D module.

*Tell a lie, I can think of three all of which are historical based on periods and genres where women had very restricted rolls, and all the PCs are male characters.

• En Garde where women are to be wooed for status.
  • Duty and Honour which is basically Sharpe's Rifles the RPG, so fitting the genre women are either set dress or one of three not very flattering tropes, Helpless Lady, Deceptive Hussy, and Spirited Lover (wife).
  • Pendragon to a lesser extent as female knights are becoming a thing now, but generally they were just their to win the favour of and run the estate while you were off adventuring and carry on the family line
Daft thing is they are all very good RPGs and reflections of the fiction/historical period they were born from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads