What We Lose When We Eliminate Controversial Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we might be less then a year away from this.

First games that have shady, illegal or criminal settings or player characters backed in will have to go: Wild West based RPGs, Spy RPGs, Cyberpunk RPGs, Mob RPGs, Superhero Rpgs and ones like Blades Against the Dark.

Games that in any way "glorify" money, so that is the bulk of all the future dystopia RPGs.

Any historical accurate game has to go, next: they are wrong or illegal on so many levels.

Then finally get rid of all violence from all RPGs. So that will leave, maybe, like the baking RPGs?

After all the typical, default RPG is about a group of violent unlawful unsanctioned murders doing whatever they want at will.....
40 years ago it was the fear of satanism cult,
in a near future simply fight, drink beer and eat meat at the inn will make DnD suspicious. That will be even more crazier!

rjrad

Villager
Anti-inclusive content
in a near future simply fight, drink beer and eat meat at the inn will make DnD suspicious. That will be even more crazier!
Well, we might be less then a year away from this.

First games that have shady, illegal or criminal settings or player characters backed in will have to go: Wild West based RPGs, Spy RPGs, Cyberpunk RPGs, Mob RPGs, Superhero Rpgs and ones like Blades Against the Dark.

Games that in any way "glorify" money, so that is the bulk of all the future dystopia RPGs.

Any historical accurate game has to go, next: they are wrong or illegal on so many levels.

Then finally get rid of all violence from all RPGs. So that will leave, maybe, like the baking RPGs?

After all the typical, default RPG is about a group of violent unlawful unsanctioned murders doing whatever they want at will.....

I think before that happens games will have forced abortion due to the fear of non-white people having more babies than white folk.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's okay to portray Pharaohs as white

Mod Note:
We had a long series of exchanges. While you'd said you were going to continue, I'd kind of hoped you'd tone it down from trolling and antagonism.

But, apparently my hopes were misplaced. So, that's the end of the road for you. We wish you good gaming.

But this is no fear: it is happening.

Right now major game companies are cherry picking random things they don't like and removing them from their games forever.

Everything in every game comes from some culture, and if you can't have anything from any real world culture....that is everything. And again major game companies are removing cultures they have a problem with, right now.

rjrad

Villager
But this is no fear: it is happening.

Right now major game companies are cherry picking random things they don't like and removing them from their games forever.

Everything in every game comes from some culture, and if you can't have anything from any real world culture....that is everything. And again major game companies are removing cultures they have a problem with, right now.
They are not removing "random things". They are removing very specific things, anything that hurts their bottom line.
If you want to be an edgelord, you can go make your edgy games and sell it to those people left behind. You might even be able to find one Gygax that will work with you.

We might be less than a year from an asteroid impact that destroys human civilization, too. "Might" hides hyperbole under a veneer of vaguely asserted probability.
If I remember my consprices right, is not asteroid Aphious going to hit Earth in 2024?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think before that happens games will have forced abortion due to the fear of non-white people having more babies than white folk.
Mod Note:

Someone is not as clever as they think they are, and is being given the Permanent Vacation Award.

Hex08

Hero
They are removing very specific things, anything that hurts their bottom line.
Are they? It's possible but I don't think that is always the case. If a publisher decides to remove content from their game they are well within their rights to do so because it's their game. However, I think they are just as likely to be making these changes because of changes in societal norms (perceived or real) and as a reaction to a vocal online/social media contingent who are likely a minority of gamers.

To be clear, I am not supporting the idea that content being removed is "random".

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
training bail out GIF

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads