• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Would You Like To see In a d20 Modern or d20 System Supplement or Adventure?

Ion said:
I would like to see just a book of campaign setting things, like there were in the back of d20 modern, or in d20 future.

In short, I want a book full of cool ideas.

Did it with Dryden. Seemed to sell well.

It was hit or miss: People can't make up their mind if they like it or not. That's just being a publisher in general.

jeff37923

First Post
Tav_Behemoth said:
If I can cross-post some questions I posed in jeff's other similar thread:

Some more market research questions:

- Would you rather see new fiction by relatively unknown authors, or reprints of stories by "name" authors that had previously appeared in magazines like Fantasy and Science Fiction? (Either way, the game stats would be new.)

Both actually. Have a higher pay rate for the known, established authors and a lower one for the new guys. Previously published stories could be the basis for entire game settings.

Tav_Behemoth said:
- What ratio of story to stats would you like to see? Would you prefer shorter stories, or be open to longer novellas?

I'd say about one-to-one-half or one-fourth ratio in word count from fluff to crunch. That would seem to demonstrate adequitely the environment being statted up. A lot of this could be generic and rules specific while not being setting specific.

Tav_Behemoth said:
- For reprinted stories, are there favorites you'd especially like to have game stats for, or ones you thought "that'd be great to use in a campaign"?
[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yes! My dream book is a comprehensive guide to all of the Rogue Squadron novels and comic books, with a large section for the Wraith Squadron novels as well. Written for both the d20 Star Wars and the d6 Star Wars systems.

I'd love to see Allen Steele's (Near Space), CJ Cherryh's (Company Wars), and Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle's (CoDominion) future history stories with game stats for Traveller20. Just imagine, Allen Steele's "The Return of Weird Frank" as an adventure....

There's a lot of really good stuff out there just waiting to be used in this manner.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads