• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whatever happened to Necromancer Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see more Necro products for any edition. As much as they enjoy that 1E feel, I think that some OSRIC products would be awesome.;)

Treebore

First Post
I would like to see more Necro products for any edition. As much as they enjoy that 1E feel, I think that some OSRIC products would be awesome.;)

:D

Well the only way that would happen is if Clark has changed his mind about it being so illegal he would never touch it!

Which last time I heard, has not happened!

Maybe he would be willing to do stuff with "Castles and Crusades"? Its a pretty strong RPG (over 20,000 Players handbooks in print!) AND its so similar to pre 3E stat blocks that it would be easy for fans of those versions to use as well.

But Clark is pretty fixated on working with Paizo, so I doubt anything along those lines will ever happen.

At least Bill has written a couple of adventures for Crusader magazine in the past, so maybe he will do some more in the future.

JeffB

Legend
I was very hopeful for some 4E goods and used to hang out at the necro-boards quite a bit, but Clark got as wishy washy as a politician, the hard-line 3E/PF boardmembers became pretty obnoxious towards any mention of 4E (though there were a few exceptions) and I finally just gave up on the whole company. Unfortunate.

Goodman has served my 4E module needs instead.

I think NG put out some great stuff. It's probably no accident that my favorite stuff from them is mostly (although not exclusively) material that was originally from Bill's 1e campaign. I didn't think much of the decision to follow the latest edition, whatever that may be. (Clark often cited Judges Guild as an example, but JG put out material for various systems, including their in-house and mostly compatible stat block system.) I still think that the best way to get 1e feel is to play 1e. I'd still love to see NG produce some 0e/1e/Classic material, either through a retro-clone or just straight OGL but compatible, like Goodman Games has done. I don't expect to see that, unfortunately. I think those systems would suit NG's style perfectly.

Treebore

First Post
Goodman has served my 4E module needs instead.

even though I have completely given up on trying to like 4E I still buy Goodmans modules. I think the "STORY" content has been the best they have ever done, for the most part. I have gone nuts over Harley's Punjar modules, and that Death Dealer module RAWKS!

Far better that what WOTC put out, thats for sure. Well,, early on. I haven't even risked wasting my money on their modules for about a year now. So maybe they have gotten better.

Definitely a huge thumbs up for Goodmans modules from me, especially the Punjar series and the Death Dealer module.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
They did put out three products that had been sitting around waiting for the GSL questions to be resolved:

Slumbering Tsar part 1
Eamonvale Incursion
Demonheart

These are currently in pdf form only, with the eventual release in print on demand from DriveThruRpg.

I believe DriveThruRpg is the holdup for the print products, not Necromancer (they are in the process of getting this option available for their store overall, so far as I know).

At last report, the PoD option will be ready in May.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
At last report, the PoD option will be ready in May.
Wow, that's pretty huge news. There's a lot of PDFs I want in more permanent form, including the most recent Ptolus stuff (which, granted, isn't necessarily all that recent -- like I said, I've been away for a while, and my previous stash served my needs in the interim).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The PoD option will only be available for publishers that "opt in" so not everything in the DriveThru catalogue will be available as PoD (at least, that's my understanding from reading about it).

Necromancer specifically has said they will release their last three as PoD when that option is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads