Whatever happened to the EN World Wiki?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
he's going to get his money from the show as he hadn't breached his contract so they'll have to pay him out.

I think his current behavior would put him solidly in the realm of "terminated, with cause". Repeated drug and alcohol issues, verbal abuse of coworkers, public image issues, and all that, surely violate some clause of his contract which amounts to, "your employment is contingent on you being sane enough to work with".

Plus he's got super endorsement deals now...

Yes, his Ad.ly gig may earn him a million dollars a year. But, his part on the series got him a million dollars *per episode*. He'll need 20+ such deals to equal his previous income.

And, the endorsements won't last, because the public has a short attention span.

renau1g

First Post
I think his current behavior would put him solidly in the realm of "terminated, with cause". Repeated drug and alcohol issues, verbal abuse of coworkers, public image issues, and all that, surely violate some clause of his contract which amounts to, "your employment is contingent on you being sane enough to work with".

One would think so, but from what I understand none of his actions actually violate his contract... based on what I've heard (good ol' rumours).

And, the endorsements won't last, because the public has a short attention span.

Agreed. The next train wreck will capture the attention soon.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
One would think so, but from what I understand none of his actions actually violate his contract... based on what I've heard (good ol' rumours).

Yeah, rumors. Because *sooo* many people know the details of his contract :hmm:

Maybe the network will pay out just to shut him up. But unless they are feeling generous, he'd have to go to court to get that money. Given his current behavior, he'd probably wind up with a contempt rap if he walked into a courtroom for any length of time, so I expect he'd lose that case.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
unless the said unions are giving their blessing on the matter. I would be able to see how they, the people involved but not the star (including but not limited to the crew and supporting cast) would not mind getting paid the remainder of the contract period of time.

Remove ads