D&D 5E What's next?

Smoke Jaguar

First Post
My group is going to put the finishing touches on The Keep on Shadowfell campaign tomorrow.

What recommendations do you have?

The Keep campaign was supposed to be for 4 level 2 PC's but my group was 6 level 4's and they found some parts to be rather difficult. A couple of them aren't very bright though and do reckless things.

I guess Thunderspire Labyrinth is supposed to be a sequel to The Keep. I am not entirely sure I want to go that direction though. I would prefer something that is already done, since I don't have a ton of time right now with school.

What lower level campaigns have all of you enjoyed?

Tony Vargas

Legend
I quite enjoyed Thunderspire. The first couple of modules were a little harder than they really needed to be. KotSF, in particular, almost seemed to have been made for a slightly different game. Just beware fights with elite level+4 controllers, they are just not right. Paldomar, like Kallarel, could be cut down a bit without hurting the finale any. In both cases, excessively high defenses combined with defense-boosting zones turn the battle into a grind if not a TPK. Asside from that one fight, though, Thunderspire is pretty decent, better than KotSF.

Truename

First Post
I guess Thunderspire Labyrinth is supposed to be a sequel to The Keep. I am not entirely sure I want to go that direction though. I would prefer something that is already done, since I don't have a ton of time right now with school.

You could try some of the Dungeon adventures. My group played KotS and then went into Scales of War, which is nicely done from a combat perspective. I've also heard good things about the Chaos Scar series.

I'm currently playing War of the Burning Sky (from ENWorld Publishing), which is excellent, but is designed for more experienced groups and takes some work to make shine.

Remove ads