• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the current state of D&D and the community?

Rechan

Adventurer
I really don't know about online resources. A lot of the 3rd party companies who made stuff under 3.5 shifted to making their own games (Green Ronin for instance).

There's KoboldQuarterly.com, but I don't know if they're going to be moving towards Pathfinder now that the rules are out.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Hey Deimodius,

Well, for 3.5 there is still 3pp support for it. Pathfinder is revving up so we should see some things churn out for that system, though I should tell you that Pathfinder final and Pathfinder Beta are a bit different in my opinion.

For major players, well, Green Ronin is doing their own thing for True20 which is an interesting system. Necromancer Games promises 4e and Pathfinder support. However, I would recommend that you go to RPGNow or Drivethrurpg to pick up older material that may no longer be in print, but is available via pdf.

I've seen Microlite20, but haven't heard of anyone doing any support for it, but there could be some writers on these boards who are doing something in that line. I know that people talk about it here.

Well, hope you find what you're looking for!

Happy Gaming!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The 3.5/4Ed split is still very much in existence, obviously.

In addition, there are still several fine 3PP 3.5 based options out there:

1) True20.

2) Pathfinder

3) Mutants & Masterminds- Warriors & Warlocks sourcebook

4) Arcana Unearthed/Arcana Evolved

5) Midnight 2Ed

6) There are others, just ask around

AFAIK, there are no 4Ed based 3PP RPGs out there at this time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads