• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's with ICP?

ArtofSymmetry

First Post
Alright, don't hit me please, but I just listened to ICP for the first time today. Now this singularly unpleasant experience took place on Youtube, and was accompanied by a plethora of comments referring to "The Family" and something like "mmfcl" and a bunch of other things.

Finding rap in general a horrible genre of music, and ICP particularly bad, I want to know the following. How did ICP get a cult following? What is this Juggalo, family, and mmfcl business? I understand that people can get quite defensive about ICP, but try to keep the hatchets tucked away. Anybody have answers? More importantly, does anybody care about ICP anymore? Am I alone in my curiosity?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Alright, don't hit me please, but I just listened to ICP for the first time today. Now this singularly unpleasant experience took place on Youtube, and was accompanied by a plethora of comments referring to "The Family" and something like "mmfcl" and a bunch of other things.

Finding rap in general a horrible genre of music, and ICP particularly bad, I want to know the following. How did ICP get a cult following? What is this Juggalo, family, and mmfcl business? I understand that people can get quite defensive about ICP, but try to keep the hatchets tucked away. Anybody have answers? More importantly, does anybody care about ICP anymore? Am I alone in my curiosity?

Rule of thumb:
Unless you are KISS, or play metal or punk (or a derivative music genre), wearing face paint as part of your act means you suck.

Thier popularity exists for only one reason: They are white male rappers and their prime demographic are white male teenagers who like rap but do not get the "gangsta" life style.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As to their popularity: pretty much nailed it in one, Relique.

As for their relevance: pretty much a footnote, albeit a loud and abrasive one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads