D&D General What's your favorite beer'n'pretzles dungeon?

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Second on Forge of Fury!

I just ran the infamous Moathouse portion - area 32 is excellent ;) !
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (3e) - Wizards of the Coast | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeon Masters Guild

I bought Part 1 of this for temple - really well done
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil 5E Conversion (part 1) - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

This also looks great, haven't used it yet. Obviously fan of Monte's stuff. Would be a little work to update to 5E but not difficult.
The Banewarrens - Malhavoc Press | Adventures | Ptolus | DriveThruRPG.com

Luz

Explorer
My first recommendation is Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, but I’m gonna assume you’ve already played it. So my next suggestion is Castle Xyntillan, which you can find here. Very easy to use and very fun 👍
Edit: Also, pretty much anything from The Arcane Library is quick and easy to run.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Rather than a megadungeon, I'll propose shorter, adventure-themed dungeons:
  • Forge of Fury. You said you've already played through Tales from the Yawning Portal, so maybe this is already off the list? Regardless, it's a challenging and well-executed dungeon crawl for 3rd or 4th level characters.
  • Pharoah. The1E classic set in a pyramid. This will definitely challenge player skill as opposed to character skill.
  • Thunderspire Labyrinth. A highlight from 4E. There are a few factions, but nothing overwhelming. The conversion from 4E might be slightly challenging, but it's mostly a matter of dropping the AC and attack bonuses.
  • Storm King's Thunder. I see you consider Against the Giants to be a slog. Having played through SKT, I don't think it's a slog. There are 5 giant lairs that are each uniquely evocative and take about 2 to 4 session to complete. A solid option for Tier 2.
I forgot about Pharoah. Man, I love that whole adventure series.

Remove ads