What's your favorite frog or amphibian themed module and monsters? why?

the_redbeard

Explorer
From the Temple of the Frog in Blackmoor and onward, there have been many frog, toad and amphibian themed dungeons. I'm looking to steal from them for an adventure in my home campaign.

Prefer ones that have an outdoor swamp component and water portions. But I'm looking to do a "literature review" for inspiration.

Edition doesn't matter. Croaking toad villages, their vile priests and unspeakable rituals do.

Amphibian foes are fun, as I can use the word “batrachian,” which is a rare one. As for favorite foe, it has to be the classic Froghemoth. My 1e throwback campaign ended with a memorable battle against one.

bsmith

First Post
Perhaps read up on Gratar, featuring in Rolemaster's Creatures and Treasures II. They are listed as being Red, Green, Black, Yellow, or Grey; with each colour being mentally and physically different and different profession (class) limitations. Sounds simplistic but you can have a fun from this starting point and my old friend DM created a whole campaign surrounding them many years ago.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I don't remember many amphibian related adventures. But I ran two times HotDQ and the castle with the bullybugs and lizardfolks was always fun.

Celebrim

Legend
Before they took away my signature you would have seen that it was obviously Slaad.

But I'm also a really big fan of bullywugs as well and have been since the days of the Dungeon and Dragons cartoon, and whose doesn't love the froghemoth.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Very memorable random encounter with bullywugs in the Sinster Secret of Saltmarsh (or maybe Danger at Dunwater!) :)

No love for Kuo-Toa? See invisible creatures, sticky fly paper shields, generate lightning bolts. Fun for the entire party!

If you want a Kuo-Toa themed adventure, Zenith Trajectory (Chapter 4?) from the Shackled City AP features them prominently.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases