D&D General what's your favorite starting town?

Was that in a Pathfinder adventure or supplement? I ran a short campaign there maybe 10-15 years ago that was a lot of fun. I font remember much about it but remember it being a nice place to start a campaign. Think I was looking for something small to start with and came across Falcons Hallow. Ah yeah it was in the Darkmoon Vale if I'm not mistaken?

Falcon's Hollow is in Darkmoon Vale and is a host of a few Paizo adventures. I think Paizo even put out a setting book for Darkmoon Vale but, I haven't read it. Falcon's Hollow is the setting for Hollow's Last Hope, Crown of the Kobold King, Revenge of the Kobold King, Hungry are the Dead, and Carnival of Tears. Though you can easily take any of the other forest centric adventures and have them occur near Falcon's Hollow. It's what I did!

R_J_K75

Legend
Falcon's Hollow is in Darkmoon Vale and is a host of a few Paizo adventures. I think Paizo even put out a setting book for Darkmoon Vale but, I haven't read it. Falcon's Hollow is the setting for Hollow's Last Hope, Crown of the Kobold King, Revenge of the Kobold King, Hungry are the Dead, and Carnival of Tears. Though you can easily take any of the other forest centric adventures and have them occur near Falcon's Hollow. It's what I did!
All those adventures ring a bell. Think I cannibalized them for my own campaign as well.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
My all time favorite city to base adventures from is Sanctuary, a city from The Thieves’ World compilation of short stories. Many years ago, I think it was D&D 2nd edition, I picked up a box set (probably a third party publishing co) and I read two of the books edited and compiled by Robert Lynn Asprin. Then I ran a gritty campaign where most NPCs and PCs were neutrally aligned, more shades of gray. The city and stories are great for moral ambiguity and self-serving characters. We had a blast.

I also liked running and playing adventures out of Phandalin. Smaller villages like that are much easier to get a handle on and grow outwards. WotC did a nice job with the Lost Mines of Phandelver.
Your post inspired me to start rereading First Blood 😁

Remove ads