• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your screen name from?

What does your EN World screen name come from?

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
On an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 someone refers to Joel Hodgson as "our Sleepy Voiced Narrator". I love that show, and I have been described as sleepy voiced as well, so there you have it.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Eridanis was the last name of my first magic-user character, back in AD&D1e. I was daydreaming one day in science class, trying to think of a good name for my new character. I glanced at the skymap on the wall, and saw the constellation "Eridanus." One changed vowel later, and I was good to go.

When it came time to register on boards in the late 90s, I needed something unique, and so I decided to use that name.

(I should really port Naedarius Eridanis to 3.5, just for kicks and grins. He rolled super-high on the psionics table along with being a MU, so I suppose I'd have to stat him as a wiz/psion/cerebromancer...)

Mercule

Adventurer
Mine is from a character I played many years ago and started using as a screen name various places (like Yahoo!). The character was an experiment in how far I could take the notion of Chaotic and Good without diluting either. Mercule Corin was a pacifistic elven ranger who had a knack for flustering paladins, city guards, and other authority figures while being totally honest, upstanding, respectful, and fun to be around.

After hanging around various boards, I've started to go by Sobek elsewhere. Also a character name, but from Mage: the Ascension. He was a former Oakland drug dealer and thug turned Order of Hermes scholar of Khemitan mysteries. He was about as subtle as a nuke, inflamitory, and was perfectly willing to use mind-numbingly vulgar effects whenever convenient.

The latter moniker may be more appropriate.

Brakkart

First Post
Brakkart is a villain I invented for my homebrew OD&D world ages back. A priest of Nyx the goddess of death & the undead, he was second in command of the Cult Lands, a desert nation ruled by Nyx's priesthood (many of the senior members of which are liches or animuses) built around the ruins of a former egyptian-themed empire called Kaikahuru (name plundered from the old Dragon Warriors rpg world).

When I got onto the net in University, I found Austin MUD and used Brakkart as my first characters name there. Brakkart rocketed through levels to the peak of mortal achievement (lvl 70) in a very short time and soon after was raised into godhood. As God of Intrigue, Brakkart plots and schemes to start wars, make and break alliances and generally cause havoc. He is also the foremost builder in Austin's history, adding nearly 1200 rooms to the game world (or about 12% of the world).

Though I've long since retired from active play on Austin, Brakkart continues to be my callsign of choice on the internet on numerous sites and forums.

Corvidae

First Post
I went to a college that's mascot was the raven, and I eventually fell in love with ravens.

So mine is the latin word for crows and ravens

John

tzor

First Post
Modified CB Handle (Thor) used in Island Of Kesmai on Compuserve modivied as to not draw the ire of the game moderators (Ghods) to Tzor. Thus discovering a four letter word that not only isn't filtered but is mostly unique in all of the world. (Well there is one little town in Israel, but that's it.)

painandgreed

First Post
Mine is a name that I use for almost all forums and such on the internet because most other names are taken and I own PainandGreed.com which I use for my main email address and personal webpage.

The actual name of the domain does not come from me but from a friend of mine. To make a long sad story short, he is a hemophiliac and like 95% of all hemophiliacs his age or older, were infected with HIV due to companies selling tainted blood products. They knew the products were tainted but decided it was too costly to recall them. They estimated that only 5% would be infected with HIV and it was less costly to lose 5% of their market than recall their products. It turned out to be 95% infection rate instead. So he found himself infected due to corporate greed and had long planned to have this domain name as an anti-corporate website. He got it, never did anything with it really except for personal webpages and email for himself and friends such as myself. Eventually he let it expire and I picked it up since I was getting most of my email via that address for some time.

My avatar icon is a picture of the Animated Dead from the CoC d20 book for which I was a model, so it's actually a picutre of me as I appeared in a d20 product.

Pbartender

First Post
librarius_arcana said:

Exactly... The Antimatter Accumulator in that letter is one of the machines that I operated. Whichever Acceperator Operator on shift was in charge of the Accumulator was often jokingly nicknamed the Pbartender, whereas whoever ran the Tevetron was dubbed the Bus Driver for the duration of the shift.

It is perhaps only job in the world, with addition of CERN's operators, in which someone can shout out, "We've lost the antimatter containment field!" and actually mean it.

:cool:

By the by, I know Bill Higgins, and am fairly good friends with him.

SpiderMonkey said:
I'm willing to bet that Piratecat's is from The Last Unicorn. That thing freaked me out.

"A cat that good, you don't eat all at once."

Remove ads