• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your screenname mean?

Where'd you get that screenname?

kikai

Explorer
Well, if I remember right, kikai is japanese and is roughly translated with: ocean of energy. I do karate-do for years, and the kikai-tanden is the center of the body (hara), 2-4 fingers down from your navel. The center of za-zen or every budo-art.

Greetings,

kikai!

National Acrobat

First Post
Sbs

Mine is the second song on the (IMHO at least) greatest album of all time, Black Sabbaths "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" from 1973. Awesome song, my favorite by them by a longshot.

Three_Haligonians

First Post
There are three of us. We are from Halifax, NS, Canada. People from Halifax are called Haligonians, don't ask me why it isn't Halifaxians, I think we just wanted to be different! We all share one computer as R and T are sisters and J is T's boyfriend...is that complicated or what? Basically we just sign depending on who is around and contributing to the post.

And our avatar is the label of a popular local beer. Its either a moosehead dancing arround on six tiny little feet or something to do with sails, no one is really sure!

T from Three Haligonians

TheEvil

Explorer
I said 'Other', since I don't consider a daily comic strip to be a literary source, no matter how good it is or how much I may like it.

The Evil is a reference from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance by Peter Abrams.
It is the nickname for a litter of kittens spawned by satan during a drunken party. The name was given by the satanist who owned the cat in question.

Last edited:

Boojum

First Post
Mine is from the classic Lewis Carroll comedic poem "The Hunting of the Snark". A boojum is a particular type of snark, and anyone who sees one will "softly and suddenly vanish away, and never be heard from again."

For a long time, I used the handle Torque, which I picked up from an item in the Middle Earth: The Wizards CCG called the Torque of Hues. Since my last name is Hughes, my friends started calling me Torque and I stuck with it for several years. However, a year or so ago, I decided to switch to something else for a couple of reasons: I hadn't played the game it was from in several years, and the word had acquired too many bad associations (there was a really bad-looking movie called Torque, and a serial killer in a video game had the same name as well).

Breakstone

First Post
When I first came to the boards in June of 2000, I chose the name "Twilight," as it was the name of my current AD&D character. Within all but a month, I chose to create the name "Tsunami" as well, just for fun. I figured that if I ever wanted to play as a Half-Orc Sumo Wrestler, I'd name him Tsunami.

I don't know. It was the summer before my Freshman Year in high school.

Anyways, I registered "Tsunami" and wound up forgetting my password for Twilight. So I stuck with "Tsunami" for a long time, until now, where I've changed to Breakstone, for various reasons.

And Breakstone just happens to be my last name.

So yup.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Mine is a carefully coded message to my comrades of the former KGB, instructing them to extract me as soon as possible from this miserable hellhole, and to bring Ben and Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" to the extraction point, along with a beautiful 5'10" red-headed woman named Gelda prepared to do unspeakable things to and with me.

The compression algorithm is impressive, ain't it?

Remove ads