Wheel of Time - No Spoilers

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Tomorrow I will make myself watch the second episode. So far it's just generic YA fantasy to me, which I find pretty bland, and I couldn't get into even the first book, but I'm determined to try.
Can't speak to the show yet, but the overall story starts taking hairy left turns and goes highly abnormal places relatively fast, after a pretty bog standard set-up.

It was the guitar that looked decidedly modern. Whist similar instruments have been around for a long time, and might be around for 1000s of years in the future, that particular design with six stings dates it to the 1700s-2000s.

If I was designing for the show I would have invented some sort of fantasy pseudo-guitar.

MarkB

Legend
Tomorrow I will make myself watch the second episode. So far it's just generic YA fantasy to me, which I find pretty bland, and I couldn't get into even the first book, but I'm determined to try.
Yeah, getting through episodes 2 and 3 was a bit of a struggle. I'm having a hard time caring about the fate of any of these characters.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, getting through episodes 2 and 3 was a bit of a struggle. I'm having a hard time caring about the fate of any of these characters.
I've resigned myself I will never read the books. There isn't that much time in the world. But I will give the show a good chance.

Jahydin

Hero
Started to watch, but was getting really bad color distortion/fluctuations that was ruining it for me. Notably, odd blueish and green tints on skin. Might just be an application issue on my LG CX? Hope it's not the way it was filmed. Anyone streaming in HDR seeing anything similar?

Edit: Oh good, not just me; looks like it's a known issue according to the AVSforums. Still no clue if the off colors were intended or a mistake though... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The clothes are far too modern, post apocalypse or not, but it's modern fantasy, it's not really trying seriously to be historical, just to have a historical veneer.

I mean, to be specific here - it isn't our world, isn't our turn of the Wheel.

The Medieval period lasted a thousand years, and Europe is an entire continent - fashion varied across the lands and across time. Why should this place that isn't any of the places we know, in a time that isn't our history, have fashions that match some specific place and time in our world?

Remove ads