• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) When are we getting the second playtest document?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
On the other hand, you'll get that fatigue no matter what order the list is in, and at least if WotC know which order you rated them in, they can account for it.
How do you account for people caring less about later questions? By you not taking those results as seriously? How does that help anyone?

MarkB

Legend
How do you account for people caring less about later questions? By you not taking those results as seriously? How does that help anyone?
How do you account for people caring less about randomly-ordered questions? By not taking any of the results seriously?

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
You can place them in random order for each survey to decrease order effects. They don’t but could.

“The expression “order effect” refers to the well-documented phenomenon that different orders in which the questions (or response alternatives) are presented may influence respondents' answers in a more or less systematic fashion (cf. Schuman & Presser, 1981).”

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
You can place them in random order for each survey to decrease order effects. They don’t but could.

“The expression “order effect” refers to the well-documented phenomenon that different orders in which the questions (or response alternatives) are presented may influence respondents' answers in a more or less systematic fashion (cf. Schuman & Presser, 1981).”
I believe you. I'm saying that not randomizing the list gives you less viable data for the later questions, a problem that otherwise can't be fixed.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I believe you. I'm saying that not randomizing the list gives you less viable data for the later questions, a problem that otherwise can't be fixed.
Yes—agreeing with you. In real research and test design the bar is higher. I guess they think they will get good enough here.

I am jaded too and sometimes wonder how much they change as a result of surveys but hopefully they listen.

At the same time most casual players probably don’t even know about this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
At the very least they'll want to wait until the current survey closes on the 15th, to prevent contamination of the results.
Probably they'll close the survey when they open the next section on Thursday.

I think a Class, or maybe two, seems plausible.

The only thing we know is that there is about a year of monthly UA planned, and that the first one was the big one, and subsequent UA will be smaller and more focused. So, Classes seem plausible for most or even all subsequent UA.

Sir Brennen

Legend
With at least a dozen UAs coming out, I’m thinking we may not get all the classes at once, but maybe a couple per doc, with subclasses. And some may not be included because they will have small to no changes.

It’s possible they may add a few new subclasses, or make some of those from existing supplements part of the core PHB.

It’s also possible they add an entire new class to the PHB, like the Artificer. Again, depending on the extent of new material that could be it’s own UA.

With at least a dozen UAs coming out, I’m thinking we may not get all the classes at once, but maybe a couple per doc, with subclasses. And some may not be included because they will have small to no changes.

It’s possible they may add a few new subclasses, or make some of those from existing supplements part of the core PHB.

It’s also possible they add an entire new class to the PHB, like the Artificer. Again, depending on the extent of new material that could be it’s own UA.
Given that they intend to go through all three core books, I am thinking classes will be one UA while Subclasses will be a later one.

Remove ads