Media When We Were Wizards: An Oral History of Dungeons & Dragons

I totally get it - growing up, he was almost this mythical figure. And I think a lot of people never get past that, to the fact that he was a person, and people are complicated.

Howdy,

Yes, Gary was an incredibly interesting person and it is a disservice to him to not explore who he really was. A lot of what he experienced and the paths he chose and just his essential personality makes him fascinating to learn about.

Also, there is just a lot of plain inaccurate or uninformed perceptions of him out there. These podcasts explore who Gary really was and what shaped him.

More to come!

Working to get episode 3 out in a few days!

Futures Bright,

Paul

Riley

Legend
I just had a chance to listen to your first episode, and it is great!

You did a wonderful job weaving the various interviews into a clear, engaging narrative.

I will highly recommend this to my three friends! ;)

I just had a chance to listen to your first episode, and it is great!

You did a wonderful job weaving the various interviews into a clear, engaging narrative.

I will highly recommend this to my three friends! ;)
Howdy Riley,

Awesome comments! We appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for listening and spreading the word!

Working on getting the next episode up!

Futures Bright,

Paul

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've only very recently heard about this podcast. People are mentioning 4 episodes, but I only found 3: Eye of the Beholder, Detect Magic and System Shock. Or is the 2-minutes introduction counted as an episode?

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I've only very recently heard about this podcasts. People are mentioning 4 episodes, but I only found 3: Eye of the Beholder, Detect Magic or System Shock. Or is the 2-minutes introduction counted as an episode?
In Spotify, I only see three. In PocketCasts or Apple Podcasts, I see four. But the first one is "Introduction", so there are, indeed, only three episodes.

S1 E1 - Eye of the beholder
S1 E2 - Detect Magic
S1 E3 - System Shock

Remove ads