Where do I find "Colossal +" in the SRD?

Nail

First Post
...I've (only recently! :eek: ) noticed that creatures can be larger than Colossal. Apparently they can be "Colossal +". (The largest Monstrous Spider, for example.) What, other than the obvious, does that mean in game terms? Where can I find that in writing in the SRD?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nail said:
...I've (only recently! :eek: ) noticed that creatures can be larger than Colossal. Apparently they can be "Colossal +". (The largest Monstrous Spider, for example.) What, other than the obvious, does that mean in game terms? Where can I find that in writing in the SRD?
I think it was first written in the ELH, so my guess is that it's in the Epic SRD. Basically, Colossal+ is just Colossal with the effects of a Size increase on it.

Nail

First Post
Yeah....errr.....where is that written down, exactly? :confused:

(I've tried looking through my copy of the ELH, as well as the SRD.)

Jack Simth

First Post
It's listed under size of a few of the Epic monsters ... I don't think I've seen exactly what it means spelled out anywhere, however.

Nail

First Post
Right. Hmmmm.......and yet the Epic Dragon section makes a big deal about how they can grow from Colossal size to "Colossal +" size.

So I think: "...and the effect of that would be....._______"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nail said:
Right. Hmmmm.......and yet the Epic Dragon section makes a big deal about how they can grow from Colossal size to "Colossal +" size.

So I think: "...and the effect of that would be....._______"
I'm pretty sure its just the same effect from going from Gargantuan up to Colossal again. So you get some stat boosts and natural armour, another increase of the AC and attack roll penalty, etc.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Nail said:

The only place to find that in the SRD is in the generic information about the epic dragons, where it modifies the damage of their natural attacks, their space/reach, and the dimensions of their breath weapon. Beyond that, there doesn't seem to be any information. Presumably, it grants the next logical step in bonuses and penalties as well (e.g. -16 to AC/attack rolls, +20 to grapple checks, and -20 to Hide checks), but even that could be debated.

Jack Simth

First Post
The specific effects of Colossal+ are spelled out for Epic dragons in the Epic section of the SRD; beyond that, it's unspecified, and thus pure DM's call.

Edit: Link

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Th dragonmech setting from swords&sorcery has quite a number of collosal categories ranging from colossal I, colossal II etc. I don't know what the exact numbers are for thise categories.

FEADIN

Explorer
COMBAT
Epic dragons share all the combat characteristics of standard dragons. Even wyrmling epic dragons are Huge, however, and are capable of making tail sweep and crush attacks. Although there is no size category larger than Colossal, the oldest epic dragons have a greater reach and deal more damage with their attacks than other Colossal dragons, as shown on the Epic Dragon Face and Reach and Epic Dragon Attacks tables below. In addition, the breath weapon of the oldest epic dragons is a larger cone than most Colossal dragons possess. The size modifier for these dragons remains –8.
Size: One important element of dragon advancement is increasing size. The dragons that don’t reach Colossal size by the great wyrm stage can never reach it according to the standard advancement rules. When advancing a dragon, consider its basic size group: lesser (white, black, brass, and copper dragons), ordinary (green, blue, and bronze dragons), greater (silver, red, and gold), or epic (force and prismatic). A dragon that is Tiny as a wyrmling is in the lesser group, a dragon that is Small as a wyrmling and never reaches Colossal size is in the ordinary group, and a dragon that is Small to Large as a wyrmling and reaches Colossal by the great wyrm stage is in the greater group. A lesser dragon becomes Colossal when it gains two age categories (6 Hit Dice) beyond great wyrm. It increases to Colossal+ when it gains an additional four age categories (12 HD). An ordinary dragon becomes Colossal when it gains one age category (3 Hit Dice) beyond great wyrm. It increases to Colossal+ when it gains an additional four age categories (12 HD). A greater dragon becomes Colossal+ when it gains four age categories (12 HD) more than it needed to reach the Colossal size.
Epic dragons, already Colossal+ by the time they reach the great wyrm stage, do not increase in size thereafter. Use the information presented under the epic dragon entry, below, to determine the statistics of a Colossal+ dragon

Remove ads