Where Do You Go Online to Waste Time about Gaming?

Retreater

Legend
So I've been coming to ENWorld for many years, but I don't venture away from this site much. This is starting to cause a bit of a problem because I'm commenting in threads I don't need to comment in partly out of boredom, and it's not improving the discourse (or my own enjoyment of the hobby community).
That said, where do you go after you've read all the articles on here and looked through most of the threads relevant to your interests? Are there any sites you can recommend about DM tips, adventure reviews, etc.?
(I know you might say, read my D&D books, but I am looking for smaller, more bite-sized content.)
My other go-to time killers (the news and social media) are also something I need to try to avoid.

aco175

Legend
Good thread, I'm in the same boat where I may want to comment on some things, but don't. I used to go to the D&D site directly when it had stuff on there back in 3e and some 4e. At some point they ended Dragon and Dungeon magazines and did away with their message boards. I hardly go there now. It feels only like a sales site with just promotion and very few articles and things I want to learn more about. The D+ booklets each month are ok, but I find little of real game use.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Cannibal Halfling is a decent blog site. I spend a lot of time reading all manner of RPG books and reviews of RPG books too. I like reviews a lot actually, even old reviews. I just google Book X review and see what I get.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I have my own forum for a play-by-post I am running, then there is a fb sfrpg group I admin, and I will doomscroll twitter. Occasionally I might check some other places, such as reddit.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
That said, where do you go after you've read all the articles on here and looked through most of the threads relevant to your interests? Are there any sites you can recommend about DM tips, adventure reviews, etc.?
(I know you might say, read my D&D books, but I am looking for smaller, more bite-sized content.)
My other go-to time killers (the news and social media) are also something I need to try to avoid.

Matt Colville is great for DM tips.

If you enjoy optimization conversation, TreantMonk is fantastic for that.

Reddit can be good.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Try painting miniatures while watching YouTubers paint miniatures. It's a great time sink and almost no negativity.
Cool for those lucky sods who have painting skills.

Unfortuately my mini-painting skills are slightly exceeded by those of my left shoe.

For the OP: I wander over to Dragonsfoot now and then, but usually I waste enough time in ENWorld to not have much left to waste anywhere else. :)

Remove ads