Where is the strangest place you have played an RPG?

On a train. Going from Berlin to the western part of Germany. BEFORE the Wall came down (in other words, we were going through East Germany). No, it wasn't an espionage game (I shudder to think what the border guards would have made of that).

Richards

Legend
In the hotel "free continental breakfast" area, in the afternoon when it wasn't being used for breakfast. We were staying at that hotel to visit my son, and there wasn't much room in our hotel for a DM and three players (as my wife and young nephew were in there watching TV), so breakfast bar it was. My son's girlfriend played for her very first time - in a session culminating years of a campaign where the PCs were finally ready to take down Orcus in his own castle in Thanatos.

Johnathan

GHammy26

Explorer
On an old 17th century English Civil War Battlefield within the officer's tent. The table was perfect and the setting was rather awesome for D&D. I know it's completely the wrong time period (flavour wise) but the old wooden benches and table, thick canvas tents and sounds of musketeers practicing with sword and musket in the background seriously drew you into the game.

FYI, I do English Civil War Re-enactments, I organised a game with some people in my regiment after a battle and we had a ball.

On a side note.... firing your dead character's miniature out of a cannon is the best sending off you can do for him. Rest In Pieces 'Chilly The Well Endowed Kobold Thief'...

G

Remove ads