where was that custom t-shirt site?

Sialia

First Post
Does anyone recall--a while back somebody made some gaming related t-shirts via a web site that allowed you to post your design, and then folks could order the design on whatever objects they wanted (t-shirts, boxes, caps, thongs, etc. were available) and you didn't have to pre-print any quantities?

If anyone remembers the name of the company or the address and could post it here, I'd be grateful. Also, if you have any opinions about the customer service they provided, tell me that, too.

I'm thinking of working up another little something folks here might be interested in wearing. Holidays coming up and all . . .

Sialia

First Post
Henry said:
I'm thinking it was www.cafepress.com

but I could be wrong.
Ah yes! That was it!! The very one I was looking for.

Thanks--it'd have taken me all day to weed through the possible sites to find this one.

Now--just to decide on which design to offer . . .

I'm thinking of working up something all brand new--but if anyone has a favorite from any of my art threads they'd be interested in seeing on a shirt, let me know.

Sadly, the Boynton Orc& Pie rip is off limits, despite being the best candidate--I just don't want to risk dancing with her lawyers--I like her too much.

Any of the others will be gleefully considered. Thanks!

Henry said:
Be VERY careful with cafepress.com. Make sure you read their legal agreement closely before you have them sell any of your designs. There was discussion on another message board about several clauses that they added a few months ago to their agreements. One gave them the right to reproduce any artwork used on any products they sold. Another gave them copyright on the shirts and designs. Several small companies that were using them dropped their service after deciding that it was too risky.

I'm not trying to be paranoid, but I'd make sure any artwork you use doesn't end up with the reproduction rights owned by cafepress.com because of a clause hidden in the legal smallprint.

Sialia

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
. . . but I'd make sure any artwork you use doesn't end up with the reproduction rights owned by cafepress.com because of a clause hidden in the legal smallprint.
Eeeek!

Thank you very much for the warning. I'd be really pissed about this.

Glad you posted. Many thanks!

Sialia

First Post
ok, here's the exact terms:

"6.2 Rights to Member Content: You will retain all rights to your Member Content. You hereby grant to CafePress.com a royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive, right and license to use your Member Content in connection with the advertising, promotion, production and sale of the Products you choose to sell in accordance with this Agreement. You grant CafePress.com permission to reproduce your Member Content in CafePress.com marketing and advertising, provided CafePress.com credits you as actual owner of the Member Content. CafePress.com will not represent that it owns your Member Content. If you or CafePress.com terminate your account, CafePress.com will cease its use of your Member Content as soon as reasonably practical."

I think I can live with that, for a piece I design specifically for this purpose.
I probably won't want to use any of the pieces from my ABC's or Very Hungry Monster--but they were very possibly infringing of someone else's work anyhow.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ashy

First Post
Yea, Cafepress had to change all that a few months back...

I want a shirt and a hat with your avatar on it!!! :)

Remove ads