Where's the News from Gencon?

Friend of mine actually stumbled onto some news over at RPG Geek. It has some good info about Onyx Path which I hadn't heard as well as mentions a few other games in addition to the stuff we've already discussed in this thread.
Thank you so much for the link. That's exactly it. I've been looking around for thorough GenCon coverage since it happened, and that roundup is the best collection of major news from the Con.

A new World of Darkness is huge news, and Savage Lankhmar sounds like a great fit as well.

Don't be so hard on Morrus and EN World, though: The site's focus is the F20 diaspora and related designers' projects, so it is natural that the news is related to people who have written PHBs, DMGs, or MMs. World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, Feng Shui, etc. are not so much on EN World's radar-- nor on the radar of most of the site's public, which is why Pathfinder grabs all the ENies votes over games like Hillfolk and Shaintar. Different strokes for different folks.

Jhaelen

First Post
But sadly, I don't think we have much choice. It's where the internet is going, whether we like it or not. I think our choice is to join in or get left behind.
I definitely prefer being left behind then. If that means spending less time on the internet, that may actually be a good thing.

Janx

Hero
I was pretty resistant to it, too. But sadly, I don't think we have much choice. It's where the internet is going, whether we like it or not. I think our choice is to join in or get left behind.

I don't know about resistant. More like I don't see functional value to use certain things.

I don't care to take selfies. I don't care to collect followers or write in 140 character snippets. I don't see a compelling reason to use twitter.

I use a different name for FB from LinkedIn so that business does not mix with personal life. I don't post much on either.

I have no interest in reddit or imgur or youtube.

I am not old. I am not anti-technology (far from it given what I do for a living). I simply do not see value for myself in using these things.

Remove ads