D&D 5E which campaign next?

Khairn

First Post
The only setting I don't have is Castle Whiterock, and in my purely subjective opinion I would go with ...

1- Ptolus - So much detail (love the huge map), story hooks, support and amazing characters that its a GM's dream. Its also more open ended than many of the AP's.

2- Crimson Throne - The best of Paizo's APs

3- Rise of the Runelords - Classic "We be goblins, you be food!"

4- Slavelords - I absolutely LOVE both the adventure and the Grim Tales rule kit.

MACLARREN

Explorer
I just started to run the CoT's Path and after one marathon 12 hour session, it is going great. Love Cheliax and it fits my group well. Looks like this will have a lot of roleplaying in it which is right up our alley. Honestly though, any one of those there look like they would be fun. Those all have different themes so just choose what you guys like in an adventure.

Azgulor

Adventurer
1st Choice = Curse of the Crimson Throne
2nd Choice = Rise of the Runelords

Both are very good. I just happen to like the locales, NPCs, and themes taken as a whole better than those elements taken as a whole in RotRLs (although not by a whole hell of a lot). I also think Korvosa is a stronger anchor for an entire AP than Sandpointe.

Hard to go wrong with either one, though.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just reading Second Darkness now and don't have Legacy of Fire, so I can't comment on those. Without playing through them, I like Curse of the Crimsone Throne better than Rise of the Runelords. I can't quite put a finger on why, maybe it's the identifiable villain and lots of tie to one location. And Council of Thieves is off to a good start, too.

Wicht

Hero
If your players really like thinking outside of the box and are good at deciding when to fight and when to talk first then Curse of the Crimson Throne is good. If your players like being pointed at the bad guy and then beating them up, Rise of the Runelords is better. If your players fall somewhere in between, Legacy of Fire is best.

I've run all of Rise of the Runelords and it's a good adventure, with lots of roleplaying potential but mainly lots of adventure and bad guys to conquer. We're just now finishing up the first part of Legacy of Fire and in my opinion its the best of the APs produced for 3.5 (though we're using the PFRPG) with a solid story, intriguing locations, and good roleplaying possibilities.

Remove ads