• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which cover is your favourite?

Which cover is your favourite?

• ACE #1: Introducing the Awfully Cheerful Engine!

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • ACE #2: Spirits of Manhattan

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • ACE #3: Montana Drones and the Raiders of the Cutty Sark

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • ACE #4: Strange Science

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • ACE #5: Beam Me Up

Votes: 3 12.5%

Bilharzia

Fish Priest
#2 - Spirits of Trademark Infringement is clearly the best image.

#1 is too busy, too much in there and/or the composition is messing it up.
#3 is too simple a rip-off which says "we have absolutely no imagination".
#4 says "your characters flee on bikes while the interesting stuff is happening somewhere else".
#5 is a background painting waiting for a subject to arrive.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
#1 tells me the system is designed to be flexible. That’s a strong selling point for me.

#2 & #4 evoke franchises and other fiction I’m at least nominally familiar with, and would be happy to play in.

#3 is another great franchise homage, but not one that appeals as much to me personally as a role player as the others.

#5 reminds me of several franchises, especially with the tip of the hat in the product’s name, but like @Bilharzia said, it’s a backdrop sans protagonists or antagonists. The other settings at least have an immanence of action. At the very least, it needs a robot or space ship.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Strange science, because I've been meaning to play a kids-on-bikes style game. Its one genre I haven't run yet, even with a number of recent game systems released in recent years that have that theme.

Remove ads