Which decade would you choose?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
80s.

Since I can't just make myself rich, I will find my younger self and teach him how to construct a job search. So he can get out of "earning college money" jobs and into "how I use my degree" jobs sooner.

And on my younger self's wedding day, I will get the keys to the reception hall from the best man before he leaves for the night.

MarkB

Legend
80s.

Since I can't just make myself rich, I will find my younger self and teach him how to construct a job search. So he can get out of "earning college money" jobs and into "how I use my degree" jobs sooner.

And on my younger self's wedding day, I will get the keys to the reception hall from the best man before he leaves for the night.
Those will definitely fall foul of the "can't use your knowledge of events to your advantage" clause.

R_J_K75

Legend
OTOH, hats like fedoras, trilbys, panamas, ivys, newsboys and the like were ubiquitous. And if you’re willing to put up with the absolute lack of hat/coat checks or hooks in public spaces, you can still wear them today.

e
I really like red hat in the first picture. Is that custom made?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
The 1920's because the Charleston is cool and antibiotics are for wimps. <jokes>

I enjoyed the 1970s. But then I was very young, life is a constant wonder when you're young. Maybe I just want to be young again...

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I think you can go ahead and make those assumptions. It's pretty much always a red flag phrase, if you ask me.

How about "When men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
If you had to be trapped in a decade from the 20th century, and live there, which would you choose? You don’t get to use your future knowledge to your advantage; you have to live the decade as it was but you’re your current age (you don’t get to be younger again!)

And - importantly - why?

90s. I'm almost 50. I want the best and most modern medicine available during the decade I'll be working towards 60 in.

You didn't specify location, so I'm going with the USA (other locations may depend on wars, social unrest etc). I feel my country started to become more diverse and open minded in the 90s, yet this is before social-media-driven cancel culture and it was not as fractured and tribalist as things are now. I remember the early 90s as a time of great optimism. The End of History and all that. You said I wouldn't get to use my future knowledge, so I would again get to be happy and naive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases