D&D 5E Which is a good adventure for high level (10th level or so)?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Hi,
I want to run a short high level campaign. I feel kind of able to do it, but I would prefer some crutch while I get comfortable doing it, so is there any good adventure out there in the wild that I could run? I'm looking for something that challenges in a meaningful way a party of five 10th level characters (it is ok if it isn't exactly 10th level. 10th level is the base, but if it is even higher, it works too) and is an interesting adventure.

Do you know of any that you can recommend?

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
  • Against the Giants / Tomb of Horrors (in TotYP)
  • High Level dungeons in DotMM
  • from BECMI, converted on the fly: Red Arrow, Black Shield / War Rafts of Kron / Test of the Warlords
  • from AD&D 1e and 2e: City of Skulls / Return to the Tomb of Horrors / Duty & Deity
  • from 3e and 3.5: Lord of the Iron Fortress / appropriate Lvl adventures taken from APs, like The Champion's Belt (Age of Worms), Tide of Dread (Savage Tide), also from the Pathfinder ones (for example the fourth adventure in Shattered Star).

Convert on the fly!

Quartz

Hero
Take a look at the Shadows of Istivin mini campaign. Three separate but linked high level adventures.

You might also look at the GMPubs adventure The Rod of Serraillian, but that's 1e and going to be a lot of work.

pogre

Legend
This might be way too much for your request, but my group enjoyed:
Finders Keepers

It is intended for 20th level PCs and you get a ton of adventure for $4.

I am also on the lookout for quality high level adventures - they are tougher to find.

I'd suggest Storm King's Thunder. There are 5 or 6 giant lairs, each suitable for about 2 to 4 sessions. Pick the ones you like, find a reason to link them, and you're basically done. They might need to be beefed up a little bit, but not much. You could easily connect them with some sort of fetch quest.

If you want a single adventure, consider Vault of the Dracolich, which is available for sale on the DM's Guild. It was a playtest adventure for DND Next so you'll need to swap out all the monsters. And it was lower level than 10th. But the titular dracolich is appropriate for 10th level characters, so you just need to bump up some of the minions. I'd guess you could do that with an hour's worth of work.

Remove ads