Which Non-D&D TSR Game Would You Like to See WotC Revive?

Which TSR RPG Would You Want to see WotC Revive?

• Amazing Engine

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boot Hill

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Buck Rogers XXVC

• Alternity

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Gamma World

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Marvel Super Hero RPG

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Star Frontiers

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Top Secret

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Conan

• Other

Votes: 6 6.7%

MGibster

Legend
By the time I got to it, in like, 1990, it felt really cheesy and old-hat, and it seemed like a lot of other games did post-apocalyptic stuff in a less ludicrous and over-the-top way. The fact that fans tended to focus on the most OTT/ludicrous/joke-y elements when I got online in the mid-90s only reinforced the "Old Person Joke Game" impression I've always had of it. Probably terribly unfair to see it that way, but people sure talked about it like it was a giant joke.

I can assure you, sir, that Gamma World was the most seriously grim and serious post apocalyptic game on the market back in the 1980s. Let me tell you about my character, a mutant scorpion named Fumbles....

MGibster

Legend
I had some fun with Gamma World, but my vote goes to Marvel. I have never had as much fun with another super hero game as I have with TSR's Marvel.

aramis erak

Legend
I can assure you, sir, that Gamma World was the most seriously grim and serious post apocalyptic game on the market back in the 1980s. Let me tell you about my character, a mutant scorpion named Fumbles....
Only if you ignore Twilight:2000 (1984), Aftermath (1981), The Morrow Project (1980)... But those were not from TSR.

Remove ads