• Dragon of Icespire Peak

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

Votes: 1 1.4%

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Played through Dragon Heist.
Played through Phandelver.
Played some of the Yawning Portal dungeons.
Currently playing in DotMM, not very far in.
I have a strange relationship with HotDQ: I showed up when the group was partway in, took over as DM in the middle of the last chapter.
DM'ed Rise of Tiamat up to the green dragon lair.
Played a little bit of PotA as my IRL job began yanking my schedule around.

ccs

41st lv DM
As a player or a DM?

As a player I've only completed SKT & about 85% of CoS (the game ended in a near enough TPK just before we actually got to the castle & the group I was playing it with decided to play something else vs making new CoS characters)

As a DM I've only run ToA & Essentials beginning to end.
Everything else has been, or will be, cannibalized - or in the case of CoS/Dragon Heist/Descent will be run in their entirety soon.

I don't count Tales. Those are just individual adventures & I've run/played all but one of them over the course of decades. And I'm sure I'll run some of them again.

pukunui

Legend
*I've run Lost Mine of Phandelver, the full Tyranny of Dragons, and Tomb of Annihilation once each all the way through.

*I've both played through and DMed Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder.

*I've used chunks of both Princes of the Apocalypse and Out of the Abyss in other campaigns but haven't run either of them as they were intended.

*I ran most of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist but gave up in despair due to the egregious railroading.

*I have also run some of the adventures in Tales from the Yawning Portal and Ghosts of Saltmarsh but haven't run all of the available adventures, nor have I run them as campaigns.

*They're not on your list, but in terms of the official adventures that were released during the 5e playtest, I have run Legacy of the Crystal Shard and Scourge of the Sword Coast twice, though I have only successfully completed them once each. I have also used pieces from both Murder in Baldur's Gate (and played through a modified version of it) and Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle.

I am also currently running the third party Odyssey of the Dragonlords campaign and am planning on running Tomb of Annihilation again but as a hexcrawl without the death curse.

Last edited:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I have DM'ed a group to the completion of Princes of the Apocalypse, that is the one I voted for. That group wanted to continue running their characters so I dropped them in to the Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
Started Lost Mines a couple of times but never finished. Another in my group have DM'ed us through a lot of Tales from the Yawning Portal.

Shiroiken

Legend
Our group has a few problems with running APs. Of the seven of us, five are DMs and most have other groups they play/run with. This makes running APs tricky, because many of us want to run them. We normally announce which AP we plan to run for the group so that we don't run it for our other groups (which would require us to read it). Currently we're running a Saltmarsh campaign (mine) and Avernous, and the only AP we've attempted as a group was Out of the Abyss which ended with everyone (including the DM) losing interest after only a few sessions.

the Jester

Legend
None! I have run some of Curse of Strahd, but we got a ways in and the pcs basically screwed themselves so hard that we haven't gotten back to it for months.

However, I have run the TftYP versions of G1-3. The pcs completed them, no problem.

Vael

Legend
Curse of Strahd is the only one I've completed. I was running Horde of the Dragon Queen, and stalled out hard. Started Out of the Abyss, but that game fell apart after a session or two. Am currently running, and looking like we'll actually finish, Dragon Heist.

Remove ads