• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Which OGL sourcebooks do you want to see updated for Pathfinder?

Admiral Caine

First Post
I don't need any specific book updated..

I would like to see Paizo do Epic Rules.

I'd also like to see Psionics, but since Dreamscarred is actively working on a Psionics Handbook using Pathfinder rules.. their version would be fine.

Other than that, I'd like to see third parties do new material.

(Necromancer doing a Tome of Horrors would be okay though)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I also wouldn't want any d20 books to be "updated." I'd like to see some of them republished, since they're long out of print and hard to find, but I see no reason for them to be changed.

Roger That! It would be very cool if robust sales of Pathfinder could re-interest 3pp to reprint their 3E products. For example: I already have mine, but stuff like Hot Pursuit still seem to be interesting some people here on ENWorld - they just can't get it anymore in either print or pdf. I hope Pathfinder ends up fueling a 3E/3.5E product/publishing revival.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Don't take this the wrong way, but honestly?

Nothing.

If I already have them for 3.x, they are quite usable with Pathfinder as is, so I don't want repeats.

For example, I love Rappan Athuk Reloaded. I would not buy a Pathfinder print version since I already own the print 3.5 version. A pdf version at the right price might tempt me, though.

I'd rather have new stuff in print.

(Besides, I think Paizo will be updating certain things from Book of Fiends and Tome of Horrors piecemeal anyway as they roll out new products that use OGL stuff from those and other sources.)

I totally agree with this statement. Pathfinder's intent is to be backward compatible so we won't have to get updates on all our old stuff, but I would always like it if more new stuff comes out. I would like Necro Games to put out an AP of their own or some new Pathfinder "ye olde skool first edition feel" mods. Whatever Green Ronin writes, I'll pick up. The same if Malhavoc gets on board.
No worries. ;)

I was just stirring up trouble.

Still, I'd really like a revised version of Dragonstar.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I also wouldn't want any d20 books to be "updated." I'd like to see some of them republished, since they're long out of print and hard to find, but I see no reason for them to be changed.
Actually I'd initially thought to call the the thread's title...

"Which OOP OGL sourcebooks do you want to see updated for Pathfinder."

There are some OOP OGL sourcebooks, especially for v.3.0, that I'd like to see on my FLGS's shelves again. And the only way that could happen is if they were updated for Pathfinder.

Yes, I can get Green Ronin 3rd Era PDFs, but I'd prefer to get a physical book. (It's also 'complicated' for me to order things online since I don't have my own CC.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My needs are simple.

* Tome of Horrors (more monsters = good thing)
* Psionics Handbook
* Epic Level Handbook

I would like to see Paizo do Epic Rules.

I'd also like to see Psionics, but since Dreamscarred is actively working on a Psionics Handbook using Pathfinder rules.. their version would be fine.
I assumed that Paizo would do Epic and Psionic rules for Pathfinder at some point. However, I am definitely interested in seeing what Dreamscarred comes up with for psionics. Dreamscarred makes great products.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another note about Dragonstar...

What I really want is a "Dragonstar: Second Edition" that uses Pathfinder as its starting point. In a perfect world, Paizo would be able to buy the rights to Dragonstar from FFG and completely re-envision the setting to fit into The Great Beyond cosmology. :D :cool:

Primal

First Post
'Tome of Horrors' from Necromancer and 'Advanced Bestiary' from Green Ronin; otherwise it seems that Paizo is already putting out pretty much everything I want for PF RPG and Golarion! :)

Admiral Caine

First Post
I assumed that Paizo would do Epic and Psionic rules for Pathfinder at some point. However, I am definitely interested in seeing what Dreamscarred comes up with for psionics. Dreamscarred makes great products.

They might.. but it might take a couple years, at least in the case of psionics. Seriously, I don't think there is a chance in Heck you'll see Psionics in 2010. I'm doubtful about seeing Psionics in 2011. If you're interested in Psionics, 2012 is a long time to wait.

(Always subject to change and correction by Paizo)

I don't know about Epic. And with Epic rules, I'm frankly more cautious. I would want Paizo to do those rules themselves. I have no clue when they might get to those.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
They might.. but it might take a couple years, at least in the case of psionics. Seriously, I don't think there is a chance in Heck you'll see Psionics in 2010. I'm doubtful about seeing Psionics in 2011. If you're interested in Psionics, 2012 is a long time to wait.
I'm patient. Besides, I'd rather wait for them to design PF psionics really well.

I don't know about Epic. And with Epic rules, I'm frankly more cautious. I would want Paizo to do those rules themselves. I have no clue when they might get to those.
I think a Epic Rulebook for Pathfinder is a given. I know I'd really like an updated version of the Epic rules since the current Epic Level Handbook is a v.3.0 book. Sure, the Epic rules were updated in the SRD (I think) but that's not the same thing as a updated Epic ruleset done Pathfinder style.

Plus, Paizo should design the Epic rules as an Open Playtest just as they did for the core rulebook. An alpha, beta, and final ruleset. (The same for psionics too.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads