• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which (old) D&D Companion Adventure to Play

Breakdaddy

First Post
So I was thinking about running a small high-level basic D&D adventure for a couple of my pals while we have some down time. I have a few available adventures, and was wondering which one of these, if any, that any of you that have tried them before would recommend. I have CM1 (Test of the Warlords), CM2 (deaths ride), CM3 (Sabre River), and CM5 (Mystery of the Snow Pearls). Any suggestions, or does anyone here even remember these?

Crothian

First Post
I love Sabre River. It has some really cool ideas, a great plot for the PCs to figure out and not just fight through, and fun new monster.

Stone Angel

First Post
I will second a vote for Sabre River we had a blast with that one. Ah to be young again and struck by the majesty everything simple and new.

I think I have played Test of the Warlords, it sounds hauntingly familiar but if I did I did not stand out.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Meanwhile, I'm an empire-builder at heart...

So I love Test of the Warlords. It is a grand tour of the Companion set rules.

Treebore

First Post
I did CM1 through 3 and have been entertaining pulling them out for use with C&C. If it is a one or two night kind of thing, Sabre River. If they want to keep going Death's Ride. IF you think you can get them to do enough gaming sessions run CM 1-3. I don't think I have CM-5, so I cannot include that in my opinion.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Excellent! Thanks for the opinions. Its food for thought. I think this is only going to be about a 3 day event, so Im not sure I would have time for Warlords, but Ill give it a full read through since it comes so highly recommended. If it wont work within our timeframe, Sabre River is sounding real good.

Remove ads