Which WFRP one-shot can you recommend?

Hi folks,

I managed to get a dozen of my local gaming friends to come out with me this summer and spend a weekend at a youth hostel (an actual castle) for three days of gaming and other goofyness (I'm a lucky sod, I know).
Now, one of the things I want to run myself is a Warhammer Fantasy one-shot, but I really don't know which one. Of course, with it being WFRP, there's only a fraction of stuff available compared to D&D or PFRPG. But, while this might sound like it makes things easier, it doesn't really. Which one of those out there is good, decent, great, rubbish?

Looking around online "Night in Blood" pops up a lot. It sure does look promising, I'm just not 100% sold. Maybe I just lack the backbone to make a call yet.

Either way, I'll gladly take recommendations. Anything that can reasonably be run in 3 hours with pre-gen chars, while showing off WFRPs strengths.

Prickly

First Post
I'm looking at this myself.

There is a 2e book called plundered vaults that has a few adventures in it.
An online review should give you an idea of what adventures are appropriate.

The book contains an adventure called "A Rough Night at the Three Feathers" which is very highly regarded, but may be a bit of a challenge to run. it seems like a warhammer-esque take on a Faulty Towers episode.

I'm looking into that one as a possible one shot to explore whfrp before 4e comes out.

Jonathan Grant

First Post
Not the OP, but thanks for the suggestions guys!

Running a Genesys one-shot this weekend and I was looking for a fairly generic (to make the conversion easier), tight, fun one-shot that can be completed in a 3-4 hour session and A Rough Night At The Three Feathers seems like it might fit the bill nicely. :)

pogre

Legend
Not sure it really could make it for a one-shot of 4 hours or less but Fear the Worst is a fun WFRP scenario by Mike Mearls. It is technically a 1st edition scenario, but easy to adapt on the fly.

It is also available for free!

It was Hogsheads goodbye gift when they closed the doors.

Rough Night has been recommended to me on Twitter by Chris Pramas as well. So, I'll sure give this a good read. From what little I read so far, "Faulty Towers" does seem to kind of hit the mark - which I take as a good thing. :D

I'll also read Fear the Wurst (harhar). We have 3 days, so if players get into it, I could possibly run two sessions. :)

Remove ads