• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
I'm not immediately familiar with an "Eternal Wand." That sounds like it has infinite charges. Is that the case? I guess it must be in MIC?
Yes, you are correct on all counts. It's in the MIC, has infinite charges, and can only be used 2 times per day. Eternal wands can be made with up to 3rd level Arcane spells but are always the minimum caster level. I used the Bard's Cure Light Wounds. That's the only way a Wizard can use it, the spells have to be Arcane. It's basically for emergency healing. Any other questions?

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
Any other questions?
Just a comment: ARCANE CURE SPELLS ARE SOOOOO COOOOOOL!!
(yay, Bards!)

Are there any known plans to get MIC on at least one of the current plethora of SRDs?

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, I read about eternal wands. Yep, they're permitted -- EXACTLY AS WRITTEN IN MIC. That means that CL can never be higher than the minimum necessary to cast the spell. Boy, is THAT ever a bummer, eh? I expect that a couple of consecutive days of bad rolls with your eternal wand of cure light, and you'll be ready to trade it in for a wand of Cure Serious. But, for now, it looks pretty cool.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]OOC[ : in the recent past i have had trouble with the invisible castle sight...i have tried a number to attempts to fix my setting and nothing worked...however!...i don't have a clue why, but it is working just fine now...so i wont need anyone to roll on IC for me! ]/OOC[

and sorry about seeming like i am not here...worked more then 15 hours per week for the last two weeks for the first time in a year!

also: i see you guys are taking 4 spells...do we get 1 plus int mod?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Scott DeWar said:
sorry about seeming like i am not here...worked more then 15 hours per week for the last two weeks for the first time in a year!
Wow, 15 hours a week, don't work yourself too hard. ;) I myself am unemployed and looking for a new job.
Scott DeWar said:
also: i see you guys are taking 4 spells...do we get 1 plus int mod?
Normally you get 2 new spells each time you gain a level. Our bonus Collegiate Wizard feat, however, raises it to 4 spells.

What about everyone else? What spells are you picking? How are you spending your cash?

KerlanRayne

Leif

Adventurer
Glad to hear that IC is working for you now, S.DeWar! And Kerlan already answered your question about spells, so my work here is through! (For the moment...)

Oh, one more thing, (and since I always have trouble finding it) the Collegiate Wizard feat is in the sidebar on page 181 of Complete Arcane.

Leif

Adventurer
What's Scotley got to be sorry about? No, I'm the one who's sorry. I gotta tell you guys, I had the best of intentions when I started this game, but it's just not coming together for me. It never fully mentally gelled for me, so I think it might be best to just call this quits. Hopefully, some additional time will help the idea to set up properly and then I can try this again. Of course, finding players who are willing to take another chance on me might be a problem, but I can't be worrying about that now.

Again, sorry guys!

Remove ads