Whither Necromancer Games?

Orcus

First Post
By the way, I know this may seem inconcievable to some people, but I have no problem supporting BOTH Pathfinder AND 4E (not in the same product, most likely). I dont feel the need to choose between them. I think Wizards fragmented the playing base and I think there are people who like the Old School goodness we deliver who will play both systems. Why would I ignore one of those groups if I didnt have to?

I believe in supporting the evolution of D&D. When I was a kid, I played the white box. When the supplements Greyhawk and Blackmoor and Eldritch Wizardry came out, I played them. When AD&D came out, I played that. When 2E came out, I bought that. I always have played the most modern version of the game, perhaps with some of my own tweaks. The same was true for 3E. And then with the OGL I could actually support it. And it is no mystery that Necro was strongly influenced by Judges Guild. And the Guild always supported the most recent advances and additions to the game (to the extent they could). So that is where I am at philisophically. That means that I dont want to support 3E straight anymore. D&D has moved on.

I believe in supporting the most modern version of the game. From Wizards, that is 4E. But I dont think it stops there. Because of the design-fu and pedigree of the people at Paizo, I also happen to believe that Pathfinder is a different and also totally valid branch of the D&D tree and is also validly a modern version of D&D.

Since right now, in my view, we have TWO valid modern versions of D&D if I can support both I will. If licensing or other issues mean I can only support one of those two, I will do that. Right now, I know I am going to support Pathfinder. If Scott comes through on this revised GSL like I believe he will, then I will support 4E as well!

Ourph

First Post
Now that 4E is out, there are things about it I love and things about it I dont like. I think we can offer some alternative rules and advenures for 4E that will put some of the things back in that I miss in 4E from older editions.
One thing that I sorely miss from earlier editions in 4e are random treasure tables (preferably based on encounter level and encounter type). I'm not sure if that would even be possible under a revised GSL, but if it is, I think Necromancer is the outfit that could do it right.

Jack99

Adventurer
Ah well, I guess a little is better than nothing. Good to hear you haven't given completely up on the GSL, Clark.

Cheers

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
As for Pathfinder, that is not a "backup plan" at all. We have a great relationship with Paizo and fully intend to support Pathfinder once it is actually a supportable system. It is not, yet. Not until its release later this year. We are already working with Paizo on a number of titles for use with Pathfinder.

Right now, I know I am going to support Pathfinder.

Quite possibly the best news I've heard this week. Necromancer is definitely supporting Pathfinder. Yeah! Confirmation!!!

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
So now that Orcus has joined the Paizo Army, how long is it before he wears white make up while playing his guitar? I wonder if he'll plaster a Pathfinder logo on the side of his vehicle?

S'mon

Legend
Wish you'd do some Castles & Crusades stuff. I bought all Goodman Games' C&C material and I'd likely do the same with Necromancer. As it is I had to convert my Nec Wilderlands stuff to C&C.

Remove ads