Who plays DDM Skirmish?

Do You play DDM Skirmish?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I was wondering: How many here actually play the Skirmish game? I'm sure we have a lot of people here who buy DDM, but who doesn't just use them for their D&D sessions?

I've got a number of the mini's for use in my Friday night games, but I've never played and realy have no interest in playing the skirmish game. If I want to play a skirmish I'll pull out the warhammer 40K minis and play, or pull out my warmachine minis. Better rules and better mini's to play with.

-Ashrum

mhensley

First Post
My old group played it pretty steadily for a couple of months. Then most of them ran out of money to keep buying new stuff and it fizzled out. It's a very good game in its own right.

Torment

First Post
I play mostly DDM. No way I would buy minis solely for playing Dungeons & Dragons. Theres much better minis out there, and they aren't randomized... I'd stick with that.

smootrk

First Post
Never played DDM, and don't have any inclination to start... although I have no real bias against the game. I buy the minis for D&D use - no time/inclination to paint.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Torment said:
I play mostly DDM. No way I would buy minis solely for playing Dungeons & Dragons. Theres much better minis out there, and they aren't randomized... I'd stick with that.

They aren't randomised, no. They're not painted or assembled, either. Until Reaper's new line starts, there's no real competition for Wizards in the prepainted plastic minis market.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Just for myself, I don't care for the more impersonal "move your pieces on the board" type of game. RPGs are a unique experience involving character and story; for me, miniatures skirmish games are basically "chess with variations".

That said, I've bought enough of the minis to fill a bag of holding. They're -so- useful!

-The Gneech :cool:

Festivus

First Post
The rules got as complex as D&D, so why not just play D&D and get more for your money. There is a place for a simple chess like game, particularly when you don't have sufficient players to run a session.

If they revamped and simplified the rules I might go back to playing it, but for now I just buy them for D&D. Anyone tried Dreamblade? It looks interesting.

Remove ads