• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Midian glances about the oversized Tavern and bites his lip as he says to Whisper, "Maybe we should wait until we have some more privacy--and security--before we bring the shard out for examination?"

Primus

First Post
: Primmy chuckles :

Cog nodded to Johan running his metal fingers over the large rend in his metallic carapace. "Thank you but you have already done so much for me. I already do not know how to repay you... or you," the warforged motioned to the dromite who nodded, downing a glass of wine with nearly preternatural swiftness. "If you were to assist me in this...," the warforged shook his head. "I would be forever in your debt."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods. "As you wish, Midian."

She looks at Cog curiously and asks, "Do you know why you were attacked, Cog? Tell us what you remember of the days and moments beforehand, please. I would hate to leave, thinking the danger past, only to have you set upon again by the same unknown assailants."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Bah, repayment is not needed. I just hope we can sort out what happened to you, and perhaps prevent something similar from happening in the future."

Johan sighs "I'll admit I don't look forward to heading back into the Deneith enclave again. The people out here are a bit... uncouth."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir joins his comrades for a short time in the bar before stepping outside. He moves off to one side of the street so he will not be in anyones way and looks up towards the sky, awaiting the start of the rain. It is not an unusual sight for those that know him, for he would always go outside to welcome the rain. "It is important to thank the spirits for the rain", he once explained, "for if we are not appreciative of the gift the spirits will take their rain to other tribes who will be humble and thankful." So everytime it rains Vhir stands under the beginning storm to greet the first drops.

Primus

First Post
"I... I don't know," the warforged said, its eyes dimming as if it were looking internally, searching through its mind to try and find some clue as to what had occurred.

"I arrived at nearly 4pm aboard the skiff 'Dragon Lancer'. Instead of reporting immediately to the enclave, I went to a tavern and asked around to learn more about the city and its inhabitants. I was speaking to... I was speaking to... I cannot remember. But I followed them to their room... I... I don't remember why... and then, the sharp rending pain and then the dirt...."

The warforged suddenly looked quite concerned. "I... I do not understand these gaps in my memory. Perhaps my mind was damaged by my ordeal... I am sorry for not being more helpful...."

"Or perhaps," Modrinn said, "Your thoughts have been tampered with, somehow. I've heard of mentalists who can hide themselves from memory perceptions, but to do a thing like that would take unbelievable power...."

The doors of the establishment openned just barely, releasing a small wet and cloak wrapped figure into the tavern along with a flurry of wind and a small spray of rain. "Its a veritable monsoon out there!" the chipper voice of Professor d'Ghallanda said with a chuckle. "Oh, who are your new friends?"

Time passed. The professor had secured lodgings for the entire group and, one by one, the entire group passed on into slumber.

Those who travelled to visit the hag and learn her herblore were inundated with new information and new plants. There was one plant that elicited a berserker madness in its consumer and one that staunched bleeding. There a number of others with a number of new and different properties, each one named and described by the hag.

[sblock]Anyone who goes to the Hag gets to make an Int or Know (Nature) check dc 15 failure means you gain a +2 bonus to Know (Nature) checks to identify Xen'Drikan herbs and medicinal plants. Success means you get a +5 bonus to identify Xen'Drikan herbs and medicinal plants.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

When they're back in their less-exposed-to-unknowns quarters, Midian takes out the shard and gives it over to Whisper for examination. "I figure, since Vhir and I and maybe Johan are sneaking out tonight, we can show the Professor the shard in the morning. Seems a good idea to keep the shiny in reserve to distract her if we go and get in trouble," he says with a grin. "You keep it safe for us until then, Whisper?"

OOC:[sblock] Do we deduct 20 gp for each person, or is it 20 total for the tutorial, split among those who go?[/sblock]

Out in the night, Midian finds that, despite his misgivings, the hag has much to share. As he did in university, the young druid soaks up the information greedily, committing a great deal of it to memory.

Roll:[sblock]Dice roller's behaving today. Know (nature): 27. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads