Whose graveyard?

Where does a planeswalker you do not own but do control go when it loses its loyalty counters? I am inspired to ask due to the saga card "eldest reborn" as it accesses all graveyards. Originally i had thought nothing could resurrect something from your oponent's graveyard and place it on your side until recently. I went on a long hiatus from magic. Anyway, now that i see this example of a breach of what i thought to be a wall you basically somt cross im wondering if i kill that planeswalker using its ultimate ability will i then place it in my graveyard or back into the owners graveyard.

Ps. I tried google fu but whike i found answers that i thought to be tangentially related i could not see any of them as conclusively answering this question.

In general things go into the graveyard of the actual owner.
Not really a conclusive answer, but its a start.

What about in the case of a planeswalker brought to me by that saga? That would technically involve it actually being cast on my side wouldnt it? Does that affect anything?

ccs

41st lv DM
No, who's graveyard something goes to is determined by ownership of the graveyard bound card, not who cast it, how, currently controls it, or what type of card it is.

And there's long been assorted ways to cast things out of others hands/graveyards & put them under your control.
Even more ways to simply mess with others graveyards.

Now there might be some newer rule, card, or effect that would cause a card you control, but don't own, to hit your graveyard for trigger effects while on its way to its owners GY.
Might. But I doubt it as I've not heard the shops MTG players going on about such.

No, who's graveyard something goes to is determined by ownership of the graveyard bound card, not who cast it, how, currently controls it, or what type of card it is.

And there's long been assorted ways to cast things out of others hands/graveyards & put them under your control.
Even more ways to simply mess with others graveyards.

Now there might be some newer rule, card, or effect that would cause a card you control, but don't own, to hit your graveyard for trigger effects while on its way to its owners GY.
Might. But I doubt it as I've not heard the shops MTG players going on about such.
Thankyou. This answer is quite conclusive. I appreciate the assistance.

Remove ads