Why are reviews by sites on Angelfire, "News"?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
??????

I can see if they were well written, or long, but they seem neither. (I refer to the ones in today's news - the site has a long, somewhat pretentious name, but it's hosted on Angelfire).

EricNoah

Adventurer
Far be it from me to speak on Morrus' behalf, but...

a) I seem to recall a little website hosted on www.mailbag.com -- it had a horrible color scheme (red on black if I recall) and was essentially nothing more than one long page of semi-relevant quotes. Over time it grew and developed and became (I think) a valuable resource for the community. Maybe that Angelfire page is destined to become the greatest D&D site ever. Who are we to stop it?

b) People like to know about d20 reviews. Those were reviews. Very likely there will be other news items in the future that you will find irrelevant. Them's the breaks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eric pretty much covered it.

News is news. You like the news, you don't like the news - it' still news. I keep you informed on what's going on, and you decide which bits of the news are interesting to you, and which bits aren't.

I certainly wouldn't discriminate on a website because of where it was hosted - that ain't fair. EN World was once hosted on free web space - what would have happened to this site if Eric, all that time ago, had decided not to post news about EN World because of where it was hosted?

Remove ads