• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why are these spells said to be so good(Divine)?

afata5

First Post
Confirmed in SC:
you get (if evil):
Grow Batlike Wings
+1 Nat Armor
Bite/claw attacks
darkvision 60 ft
no poison
resistances gained
Dmg reduction 10/magic
SR 25
+4 sTr, +4 Dex, +2 Con, -4 int, +2 cha

Thats it. If i have a belt of constitution +4, gauntets of str +4, then the con and str bonus would not stack right?

Thanks again for helping me in my understandings :)

Al

Rackhir

Explorer
afata5 said:
+4 sTr, +4 Dex, +2 Con, -4 int, +2 cha

Thats it. If i have a belt of constitution +4, gauntets of str +4, then the con and str bonus would not stack right?

The mods to stats from the Half-Fiend/Celestial template are stat INCREASES, NOT BONUSES. It's the same as the mods you get for being an elf or a dwarf or a half orc or what you get every 4 levels. So any other bonuses you were previously getting are still in effect. There's no stacking involved here. The template INCREASES your stats (only while the spell is in effect obviously, they are NOT permanent increases).

Elethiomel

First Post
Rackhir said:
The mods to stats from the Half-Fiend/Celestial template are stat INCREASES, NOT BONUSES. It's the same as the mods you get for being an elf or a dwarf or a half orc or what you get every 4 levels. So any other bonuses you were previously getting are still in effect. There's no stacking involved here. The template INCREASES your stats (only while the spell is in effect obviously, they are NOT permanent increases).
Or you could look at them as bonuses that stack with everything: Yes, they stack.

Zurai

First Post
afata5 said:
We are now level 19, so the bad guys don`t really have lvl less than level 10 mooks to clean up....so unless i go into an village and just activate the spell (we are an evil party so it is very do-able lol) then it isn't worth all that much. Even if the mooks were almost dead, there is still the saving throw.

Buy a bag of mice. You can probably fit 100 mice in a sack. Move action to upend the sack, spilling out all the mice, standard action to cast greater consumptive field for +200 strength, +100d8 temporary hit points (average 450), and *150% caster level.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Rackhir said:
This gives the caster a +1 effective caster level, +2 str and extra HP for EVERY creature the field kills. So if you cut loose with it in an area with a lot of 1st lv commoners... Shazam you're a GOD.

Screw commoners, just look for some vermin or a swarm. How many creatures are in a swarm? How many HPs does an ant have? Just casting the spell alone should grant you God-dom by virtue of the low HP creatures that are in the area (such as insects in the ground).

Remove ads