• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Did No One Tell me? Ultimate Toolbox!

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey, I put together a table of villain motives and thought "Jim & Jeff might like to include this in their free online updates to UT." So here it is...

d20 Villain Motives

1 Ambition Seeks to accomplish a “good” goal but is blind to the consequences
2 Curse Seeks to cure a curse or is transformed into monster by a curse
3 Freedom Seeks freedom from oppressive rule or imprisonment by any means necessary
4 Greed Wants treasure pure and simple and resorts to extreme measures to get it
5 Illness Seeking to prevent the spread of disease or desperate for a cure
6 Justice Just redress for past wrongs, but exonerates themselves of all wrongdoing involved
7 Longing Longs for acceptance or love (perhaps from one person in particular)
8 Loss Threat to a loved one drives them to extreme measures
9 Madness An insanity incomprehensible to all but the most insightful drives the villain
10 Order With others’ “best interests at heart”, seeks to bestow order on a chaotic world
11 Possession The villain is charmed or possessed to commit evil deeds
12 Power Seeks to rule over others and will climb over anyone who gets in their way
13 Pride Wants to prove themselves the best and/or refuses to admit they’re wrong
14 Race Supremacy Seeks to destroy and ruin those who would defile their “pure” race
15 Religious Intolerance Condemns another religion or sect (or all others besides their own) and seeks to wipe it out (especially witchcraft) and elevate their own faith
16 Revenge Excessive response of force to personally redress a wrong done to them
17 Self-Gratification Villain is prone to crimes of passion to gratify the hole in their heart
18 Survival In seeking to survive the villain resorts to evil means
19 Revolution Violently seeks to overthrow the established order by any means necessary
20 Zealotry Ordered or guided by a higher power they utterly believe in

Animus

Explorer
Hey, I put together a table of villain motives and thought "Jim & Jeff might like to include this in their free online updates to UT." So here it is...

d20 Villain Motives

1 Ambition Seeks to accomplish a “good” goal but is blind to the consequences
2 Curse Seeks to cure a curse or is transformed into monster by a curse
3 Freedom Seeks freedom from oppressive rule or imprisonment by any means necessary
4 Greed Wants treasure pure and simple and resorts to extreme measures to get it
5 Illness Seeking to prevent the spread of disease or desperate for a cure
6 Justice Just redress for past wrongs, but exonerates themselves of all wrongdoing involved
7 Longing Longs for acceptance or love (perhaps from one person in particular)
8 Loss Threat to a loved one drives them to extreme measures
9 Madness An insanity incomprehensible to all but the most insightful drives the villain
10 Order With others’ “best interests at heart”, seeks to bestow order on a chaotic world
11 Possession The villain is charmed or possessed to commit evil deeds
12 Power Seeks to rule over others and will climb over anyone who gets in their way
13 Pride Wants to prove themselves the best and/or refuses to admit they’re wrong
14 Race Supremacy Seeks to destroy and ruin those who would defile their “pure” race
15 Religious Intolerance Condemns another religion or sect (or all others besides their own) and seeks to wipe it out (especially witchcraft) and elevate their own faith
16 Revenge Excessive response of force to personally redress a wrong done to them
17 Self-Gratification Villain is prone to crimes of passion to gratify the hole in their heart
18 Survival In seeking to survive the villain resorts to evil means
19 Revolution Violently seeks to overthrow the established order by any means necessary
20 Zealotry Ordered or guided by a higher power they utterly believe in

Me likey! :cool:

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Hey, I put together a table of villain motives and thought "Jim & Jeff might like to include this in their free online updates to UT." So here it is... d20 Villain Motives

Super! We did "Villain Goals 1 & 2" in UT, but we only gave the opening word, you gave specific examples. That's great, lemmie point jim here.

-DM Jeff

jim pinto

First Post
Anyone knows where is the cheapest place to buy the book and ship it to Brazil? I've been searching, but shipping costs are very expensive! I've bought heavier stuff on ebay and amazon with cheaper shipping costs =(

Thanks!

i am hearing horror stories about shipping into south america. nothing good at the moment.

so. no. no good advice.

sorry.

the alternative is to wait until the PDF comes out.

jim pinto

First Post

d20 Villain Motives

um…

doesn't the book already have this?

i know it has hidden agendas? jeff? didn't we do this?

EDIT: Duh. I really have to start reading the whole thread before I post. Idiot.

Hey Quickleaf. Mind if we copy paste this into our free pdf?

Quickleaf

Legend
um…

doesn't the book already have this?

i know it has hidden agendas? jeff? didn't we do this?

EDIT: Duh. I really have to start reading the whole thread before I post. Idiot.

Hey Quickleaf. Mind if we copy paste this into our free pdf?
Claro por supuesto yes que si.

Which means 'yes.' :)

three days without a request for a PDF

that must be a record

:)
Maybe he's using reverse psychology... separation breeds fondness?

Stoat

Adventurer
I received my copy Saturday, and it exceeds all hype and expectation. It is a staggering resource. We play tonight, and I am certain the book will get heavy use during the game.

Thank you for this excellent supplement.

Aus_Snow

First Post
It's on order. . . and I'm finding once again that the waiting game just doesn't match the roleplaying game, for sheer entertainment value.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads