• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why do you read OotS?

Why do you read OotS?

• Humor

Votes: 164 49.5%
  • Story

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • Characters

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • It's D&D. In cartoon form.

Votes: 92 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 27 8.2%

Imperialus

Explorer
too bad there arn't multiple options. I voted story but it only narrowly edged out humor. Really I could answer all of the above though.

Used to be for me a humorous dissection of just how silly D&D can be at times, especially with dungeons. Then it got all "storyfied." :| I suppose I check it out once in a while out of habit.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Habit. Or at least that's what I would have liked to have answered.

I used to read it because it was D&D in comic form ... and that led to me reading it because of the characters.

Truth be known, since the whole Miko fall incident I only read because it is habit. I haven't yet been able to recover completely and get back into the characters ... but I am on the mend.

Doug McCrae

Legend
Imperialus said:
too bad there arn't multiple options. I voted story but it only narrowly edged out humor. Really I could answer all of the above though.
And then I would learn nothing. Nothing! :)

I made it single choice to try to find out the most important reason out of those listed.

SPoD

First Post
I said Story, because it's what keeps me coming back when other comics have lost me. I mean, I theoretically read other webcomics that are funny, but none of them have me waiting on the next update like OOTS. Characters are sort of interwoven with Story, really, but I had to pick one.

As far as it being "D&D in comic form," somedays I almost wish that Rich never made another rules joke again. It's long since ceased being the focus of the comic, and it just gets people riled up over rules inconsistencies that he obviously doesn't care about anyway.

jeffh

Adventurer
Prince of Happiness said:
Used to be for me a humorous dissection of just how silly D&D can be at times, especially with dungeons. Then it got all "storyfied." :| I suppose I check it out once in a while out of habit.
So now it's a humourous dissection of just how silly D&D can be at times... with a context. This is bad?

Remove ads